Mod Organizer 1.3.9 - Please test!

Tannin

Question

I just uploaded MO 1.3.9 to sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/modorganizer/files/?source=navbar)

Since this release contains a few far-reaching changes I'd prefer if some of you tested it before I release it officially. None of the changes should break an existing installation but I'd still suggest making a new installation for the test.

Many of these changes were made by thosrtanner so in some cases my details on what the change does are a bit fuzzy.

Fomod Installer:

- bugfix: disabled state and icon became stuck for an option/plugin

- bugfix: Fix up selection with exactly/at least/at most one

- bugfix: Cleanup for dealing with some oddness with single selection plugins

- bugfix: Also fixes issue with 'type=SelectAll' when flicking forward and backwards

- Try to make sure where we need to auto-select a button that it's a valid sort of button.

- Adds lots of warning messages for odd situations.

archive handling:

- Can now extract multiple copies of file from archive

- support for more archive formats (?)

- Can now handle archives with wrong file extension

BSA invalidation:

- bugfix: invalidation bsa wasn't created when switching to a profile that needed it

- invalidation bsa is now always placed as the first bsa

Integrated LOOT:

- bugfix: wrong parameter passed to integrated loot kept masterlist from being updated

- bugfix: integrated loot didn't create the directory to store the masterlist if it didn't exist yet

Executables:

- Allow user to select app icon or mo icon for generated shortcuts

- bugfix: 'x' for toolbar not disappearing when it should

- various fixes to how the configured executables are stored

Nexus integration:

- MO now validates session cookie on startup

- It also retrieves account status

- rewrote how MO decides when to log-in/when to give up on logging in

- displays currently logged in account in title bar

- more verbosity about login/logout to/from nexus

Other:

- (maybe) runs on Vista again

- ini editor will now refuse to open files too large to be handled by the Qt control

- the warning about overwrite not being empty can now be made to ignore empty directories and log files

- filter names in the filter pane now also show up as tooltips

- bugfix: warnings about "aboutToChangeData"- and "postDataChanged"-signals when mod grouping was enabled

- bugfix: dropping files from overwrite on mod failed whien mod grouping was active

- bugfix: archive list wasn't saved after enabling/disabling a mod.

- small patch to show which obsolete files are being removed

- bugfix: manual installer now cancels drag&drop when dropping an item on a subitem of itself

- bugfix: drag&drop on the modlist caused error messages when what was being dropped wasn't a mod or a url

- bugfix: categories that reference each other in a cycle could send MO into an endless loop

7 answers to this question

Fomod Installer:

- bugfix: disabled state and icon became stuck for an option/plugin

- bugfix: Fix up selection with exactly/at least/at most one

- bugfix: Cleanup for dealing with some oddness with single selection plugins

- bugfix: Also fixes issue with 'type=SelectAll' when flicking forward and backwards

- Try to make sure where we need to auto-select a button that it's a valid sort of button.

- Adds lots of warning messages for odd situations. - The warning message about missing .NET Framework 3.5 is a very good idea, perhaps giving instructions to use the Windows "Turn features on and off" in the text might be better than pointing to the download page. In Win 10 using that feature takes you to the downloads page anyway if they are missing from your system, if the system has them installed a simple restart after they are initialised is all that is needed.

archive handling:

- Can now extract multiple copies of file from archive - Seems to work really well

- support for more archive formats (?) - Excellent! All those mods packaged in 7zip with the 'STORE/DEFLATE' compression method now work perfectly

- Can now handle archives with wrong file extension - Tried a couple of files. Renamed RAR to ZIP and they get handled as expected

BSA invalidation:

- bugfix: invalidation bsa wasn't created when switching to a profile that needed it

- invalidation bsa is now always placed as the first bsa

Both these points work perfectly now. It seems initially the invalidation bsa gets removed for ALL profiles when it is disabled in one, but it gets replaced immediately upon changing to the profiles that need it.

Integrated LOOT:

- bugfix: wrong parameter passed to integrated loot kept masterlist from being updated

- bugfix: integrated loot didn't create the directory to store the masterlist if it didn't exist yet

'Sort' updates the masterlist correctly in the installed LOOT folder (%LocalAppData\LOOT\<game_name>\). Thought TBH, I never saw any error with it beforehand.

Executables:

- Allow user to select app icon or mo icon for generated shortcuts

- bugfix: 'x' for toolbar not disappearing when it should

- various fixes to how the configured executables are stored

Nexus integration:

- MO now validates session cookie on startup

- It also retrieves account status - Still getting errors when certain actions are performed on the Nexus page and not showning in MO. See last comment in the Bug Genie issue 1279

- rewrote how MO decides when to log-in/when to give up on logging in

- displays currently logged in account in title bar - This is brilliant. The user can see at a glance if there are any issues.

- more verbosity about login/logout to/from nexus

Other:

- (maybe) runs on Vista again

- ini editor will now refuse to open files too large to be handled by the Qt control

- the warning about overwrite not being empty can now be made to ignore empty directories and log files

- filter names in the filter pane now also show up as tooltips

- bugfix: warnings about "aboutToChangeData"- and "postDataChanged"-signals when mod grouping was enabled

- bugfix: dropping files from overwrite on mod failed whien mod grouping was active

- bugfix: archive list wasn't saved after enabling/disabling a mod.

- small patch to show which obsolete files are being removed

- bugfix: manual installer now cancels drag&drop when dropping an item on a subitem of itself

- bugfix: drag&drop on the modlist caused error messages when what was being dropped wasn't a mod or a url

- bugfix: categories that reference each other in a cycle could send MO into an endless loop

- Install MO 1.3.9

- Delete, if present, ModOrganizer.ini

- Start MO, you will be asked to select a game to manage. Select one.

In case that no profile named "Default" was priorly given - or even more simple, that no empty folder called "Default" resided in ..\MO\profiles\.. - the following error message will be displayed.

untitled1vjsgu.jpg

I've a minor and extended improvement request:

1 - Fix Overwrite folder at the end of the left pane

2 - Fix Overwrite and the last two mods installed at the end of left panne

Justification: It would be easier to change place with long install orders. For example, I want Mod B to be placed between Mod A and Mod C. So, as it is now, after installing mod B, I have to scroll up my huge list to see what is the A and C priorities numbers, then scroll to the bottom, change priority number of B to place it the middle of A and C. If the last lines are fixed we can just scroll up and then easily drag the content to the place we want. Same reason for overwriting, especially when updating reproccers. 

Sorry about my english, I hope it is understandable.

I find it easier to use the search box at the bottom of the left pane. Enter a part of the name for Mod A and the list is limited to matching mods. Note the number in the priority column for Mod A. Clear the search, click the mod at the end of the list you want to move, click the priority column, and enter the enter the priority number plus 1. In other words, if Mod A is priority 33, enter 34 and it'll automatically pop into place just below Mod A.

Also note that you can use the Home and End keys to jump to the top and bottom of the list. You may have to click on a mod in the left pane to set the focus first, then press Home or End to jump.

EDIT: This may be confusing at first, so just to clarify... the first time you click on a mod it selects that mod. After the mod is selected, you can click the Mod Name, Nexus ID, Version, or Priority column to edit the values.

It's not confusing at all. I also enter priorities manually. For example, I usually name my SkyProc Output's as 'something OVERWRITE'. That way I can enter 'overwrite' at the search box and get listed my output folders. After that I can easily run FNIS, DSR, EBD, AA, etc, and at every step drag results to the respective folder...

I guess what I'm requesting is a more convenient way to properly manage and update my install folder. 

- Install MO 1.3.9

- Delete, if present, ModOrganizer.ini

- Start MO, you will be asked to select a game to manage. Select one.

In case that no profile named "Default" was priorly given - or even more simple, that no empty folder called "Default" resided in ..\MO\profiles\.. - the following error message will be displayed.

I've submitted a patch for that