Passive bandits

Yippee38

Question

I installed SR:LE on July 17/18 (so you know which mods I've got).  I've installed some additional/different mods to change looks of the people.  The changes are:

ApachiiSkyHair mods (all of them)

Inhabitants of Skyrim (character presets, NPC overhaul, and USKP patch)

Dimonized UNP (instead of UNPBB)

Sport Sexy normals

SG Textures Renewal

Bella's Eyebrows

Coverwomen

HD Teeth

Mature Better Lips

RAN's Eye Reflection Extender

Women of Skyrim body normalmaps

Some armor replacers that work with Dimonized

Immersive NPC in the dark

It's running great except I've noticed that the bandits at Bleakfalls Barrow are completely passive to me.  They act aggressive and run up to me.  They taunt me.  The music switches to battle music.  They just don't attack.  They just move around me, acting all tough and taunting me, but they're all bluster.

Citizens of Riverwood will attack me if I do something bad.  Animals attack me normally.  Even some random bandits that I ran into on the way from Riverwood to Bleakfalls Barrow attacked me.  It's just the bandits outside (that I've found so far) that do not attack.

Any suggestions on where I should look for the problem?  Immersive NPCs in the Dark is the only mod that would impact scripts.  My initial thought was that it is Immersive Citzens, but that isn't supposed to impact the bad guys, only "civilians".

Edited by Yippee38

7 answers to this question

My guess would 'Immersive NPC in the dark' is the most likely culprit.  It heavily modifies combat with scripting and I remember it caused all sorts of problems when I used it.

It looked promising initially but got quickly abandoned (hasn't been updated in 16 months) and was buggy then.

Edited by mscheetham

My guess would 'Immersive NPC in the dark' is the most likely culprit.  It heavily modifies combat with scripting and I remember it caused all sorts of problems when I used it.

It looked promising initially but got quickly abandoned (hasn't been updated in 16 months) and was buggy then.

I suspected that too.  However, it was full daylight, outside when this happened.  That doesn't mean it couldn't be causing the problem.  I've used it before though, and never had this problem.  I hate to abandon that mod though.  It's such a great, immersive idea.

Since I last posted, I got a replacement drive for my failing 4TB drive that holds my User directory and Games directory.  It takes forever to clone a 4TB drive.  However, I've now got the replacment drive running and my PC is running well again.  I hope to get my mods updated and do some testing today.

Well, I re-installed OBiS and re-ran the compatibility patches.  My game is all screwed up.

Time for a fresh install.  When I mentioned it to my wife, she said, "You know my theory of you and that game?"

I sighed, and said, "Yeah.  I don't like to play Skyrim.  I like to mod Skyrim."

She laughed.

• +1 1