i5 3570K cpu (Stock cooler) 3.4 GHZ

ASUS p8z77-v LE

8 GB ram

Playing on a SDD 120 GB

Here is my mod list:

https://pastebin.com/hWc3fAdE

Load order:

LO - https://pastebin.com/yTisdb9c

Those with a "+" is active, those with a "-" is not active on my modlist link :)

Here is my Skyrim ini and SkyrimPrefs;

https://pastebin.com/Sr3yELaD - Skyrim.ini

https://pastebin.com/h4wkjSEf - prefs

Enblocal.ini;

https://pastebin.com/PzPNWg6j

this is what I did:

player.setscale 10

tgm

tcl

then I started to run like a madman, until I crashes after 30 seconds, does this graph show the reason for crashing?

also another question: I keep getting horrible **** stutters every time i move around look around etc. I removed almost 80% of my textures mods and I still get those stutters when turning around with the mouse. I have tried almost every possible goddamn enblocal tweaks to no avail, so if anyone can point me in the right directions I would be grateful!

5 answers to this question

Hi a few question which may help me narrow down the problem.

• What OS XP, Vista, 7 or 8?
  • Is the operating system x86_64?
  • The card is a 2GB vram card?
  • The SSD does it contain both the OS and Skyrim or just Skyrim?
  • If the OS is on a different disk SSD or HDD?
  • If disk is HDD is its speed 5400 or 7200?
  • Finally how full are your disks?

Have you checked Memory Blocks Log to see if you need to increase the size of the memory blocks? Also, have you verified SKSE is managing memory correctly and that you enblocal.ini settings are correct?

Yes, the memory patch works. I don't know if my Enblocal.ini is correct, I heard that there is no real answer in what you should use, as in there's different formulas everywhere. :P So I was hoping you guys could point out to me

Hi a few question which may help me narrow down the problem.

• What OS XP, Vista, 7 or 8?
  • Is the operating system x86_64?
  • The card is a 2GB vram card?
  • The SSD does it contain both the OS and Skyrim or just Skyrim?
  • If the OS is on a different disk SSD or HDD?
  • If disk is HDD is its speed 5400 or 7200?
  • Finally how full are your disks?

-I run Windows 7

- 64-Bit

- My GPU is 2048 VRAM, so yes, 2 GB.

- My main SDD contains Windows, Skyrim, Mod Organizer and other programs.

- See above

- Above ^

- My SDD has currently 15 gb left of space, altough it sometimes goes down to red, in which case I'll have to delete saves (my Skyrim saves are 27 MB :P), and sometimes I'll have to delete other things etc to keep up with enough SDD space.

Thanks for answering my questions.
Disclaimer I am an Unix admin so my Windows skills aren't stellar but principles are the same.
I would say you are running out of space and the performance of your SSD is degraded because it is so full. SPM shows you are using close to 2GB of VRAM so swapping is likely happening frequently between VRAM system RAM and also possibly the pagefile.sys file on the SSD. Since you use the same SSD for both Windows and Skyrim the SSD has to divide writing out to pagefile.sys and reading in new textures to the framebuffer.

To improve the game I would pick up a second SSD first of all and transfer your Steam and other games on to that. Try to keep SSDs no more than 50-70% full to improve performance. a 120GB SSD can be picked up for under $50 but I would recommend a 250GB or even 512GB SSD if you can afford it. Dual SSD set up is part of the STEP recommended hardware set up.

Secondly if your system can afford it go for another 8GB of RAM it will give you some headroom and reduce the likelihood of the system using pagefile.sys.

Finally if you are flush with cash go for a better graphics card I used to run a 7800 series card with 2GB and would sometimes get the problems you describe with a similar setup.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Disclaimer I am an Unix admin so my Windows skills aren't stellar but principles are the same.

I would say you are running out of space and the performance of your SSD is degraded because it is so full. SPM shows you are using close to 2GB of VRAM so swapping is likely happening frequently between VRAM system RAM and also possibly the pagefile.sys file on the SSD. Since you use the same SSD for both Windows and Skyrim the SSD has to divide writing out to pagefile.sys and reading in new textures to the framebuffer.

To improve the game I would pick up a second SSD first of all and transfer your Steam and other games on to that. Try to keep SSDs no more than 50-70% full to improve performance. a 120GB SSD can be picked up for under $50 but I would recommend a 250GB or even 512GB SSD if you can afford it. Dual SSD set up is part of the STEP recommended hardware set up.

Secondly if your system can afford it go for another 8GB of RAM it will give you some headroom and reduce the likelihood of the system using pagefile.sys.

Finally if you are flush with cash go for a better graphics card I used to run a 7800 series card with 2GB and would sometimes get the problems you describe with a similar setup.

Thank you for the reply! I do have 2 SDD 120 GB's laying around that I got from the work, however the reason I was able to take them home from work was because my boss thought they were broken in some way, I use one of the SDD i took home (1/3) currently, so I have 2 SDD, one for windows and skyrim (120GB), and the other for other games and modding/good bang for the bucks type of programs. Damn SDD's run quickly out of space. :P The problem is, I don't have enough Molex/Sata cables, I also have to empty my PC of dust, so I will need to buy one of those air flask that cost quite a bit I think.

Is pagefile only a problem/present on the SDD that windows is installed on? So my Windows SDD should not be that full in order to function correctly, am I correct? I am kinda not that techish so I could use some ELI5, heh.

Things are hard, my Skyrim is 50GB, throw in a few saves, suddenly 5 gb more. Then I will have to install games like BF4/BF3 since I play them too, including fallout new vegas / witcher 3 which is also heavily moddable, that's like 500 GB icluding battlefield and their goddamn 60 gb games :P

Do you have any tips on checking out the life spans for the SDD's that I got from the work? 

And thank you very much kind sir