Companion Core.esm Disables armor equip/uequip sounds

I noticed that this mod that is included with Robco Certified seems to disable the equpip/unequip sounds for armor.

I didn't know the cause at first until I went through the mods and found it was Robco Certified. So I opened the included plugins in xEdit and found:

cc.esm.jpeg_zpsuhkjcfet.png

I don't really know what those setting mean but I'm guessing they make the sounds quieter/silent? I don't understand it's need to do this. Is it necessary? Can I just copy the vanilla settings back over?

Edited by Bugsbugme

I noticed that this mod that is included with Robco Certified seems to disable the equpip/unequip sounds for armor.

I didn't know the cause at first until I went through the mods and found it was Robco Certified. So I opened the included plugins in xEdit and found:

I don't really know what those setting mean but I'm guessing they make the sounds quieter/silent? I don't understand it's need to do this. Is it necessary? Can I just copy the vanilla settings back over?

You should have no issues by reverting those changes as far as I can see. I would imagine the changes are purely a design choice in RobCo Certified to make equiping clothing quieter, as you surmised.

You could make a changed version of that plugin, rather than editing the original, or perhaps the best bet would be to make those changes in your bashed patch.

I made a quick patch in fo3 edit by just copying those two records as overrides into a new plugin and reverting them to vanilla. The patch is mergable in Wrye Bash too so it doesn't add to the load order.

I can upload it if anyone wants it. It works just fine, the sounds are back.

Ok :) Thanks for the guide too btw. I have had FO3 far ages but never actually played it properly, it just kept crashing. But I think now with enbboost and being able to clean the plugins, it's working just fine and with mods too.

• 2 weeks later...

Great. I'm glad it worked out well for you. Once STEP determines how to accommodate small user mods like this it might be possible to have a host where it can be provided to other users.

I like this idea. A lot. Edited by 13thGeneral