Sign in to follow this  
Thamantis

Strange "grey" body bug

Question

Hey guys, 

I do not know where else to turn for help, so I hope someone among you has an idea or has experienced this bug himself:

I am recently suffering from a strange "grey body bug", which affects 99 % of all human NPCs (bandits, hunters, orcs, mages, etc. etc.) -> strange thing is their skin is normal as long as they are alive. But as soon as I kill them, their skin texture changes from "normal skintone" to "grey skin". Never had this happen before and I am playing with the same setup/mods for some months now.

Note: It is NOT the grey face bug, the whole body is affected. 

I have uploaded an image of two dead orcs on the Nexus, I hope the bug is visible enough in the picture.  

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/538386/?

I have installed a mixture of STEP & SR:LE plus Requiem (already contacted Ogerboss, Requiem is not causing it -> wrong installation would result in the "grey face bug", not this strange texture changing thingy upon death). I am using Mod Organizer if this is important somehow. 

Texture mods that change skin texture are those from STEP & SR:LE, so nothing unusual here either. Already checked these mods for empty files, but found nothing. 
Everything looks as it should be. 

I am desperately looking for help with this, don't know where it came from or what is causing it. Weirdst bug I ever had. 
Nothing game-breaking though, but very very annoying...

Please help :(

6 answers to this question

I want to say this mod caused that issue at one point in time, but I'm not positive on that. It's been a long time since I've seen this issue.

How are you killing them? Poison? Poison sword? There is one mod which might cause that if a character dies by poison.

Thanks for the reply, but no, I do not use poisons. I kill them with the sword or with the bow. The sword has a fire enchantment on it, the bow is unenchanted. 

Man, you're a genius!!!  ::D: It WAS caused by "Burn Freeze Shock Effects". I have disabled the mod and the problem is gone - been busy killing every NPC I met since yesterday and have raided bandit camps, forsworn dungeons, mage fortresses etc. No weird skintones anymore  :woot:  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Worth a note: I never had any issues with this mod in several playthroughs and my setup/mods have not changed for months, this bug just occurred out of nowhere.

Perhaps that is the "cool" thing about Skyrim, every time you think you've seen everything - BAM you got a new surprise ;) 

Thanks and keep up the good work with STEP!