Revisited: Q&A for Dummies (me!)

You can try using the 'filter for conflict loser' in TES5edit and see if anything shows up there.

Sometimes it does come down to just picking one mod's records and sorting through them, checking out if there's anything that may cause issues. Stuff like unofficial patch fixes not being carried through is a classic one. Other mods conflicting with 'Bring Out Your Dead' records is another classic one. 

So I'm finishing off the guide, and I'm at the conflict resolution part.  You suggest we do it manually at least once so we can know how to do our own conflict resolution, but my question is how can we tell by ourselves what conflicts need to be resolved.  When I apply the filter to sort for conflicts I still have a huge amount of records that you don't even mention.  Is there any better way to sort them, or is it just a matter of looking through things for conflicts that might actually be a problem.

Well, I have listed what is important for now. There are likely a few more I need to add I haven't gotten to yet but it should give you a good starting baseline. As for how to figure out whats needed... its a very manual process looking through that filtered for conflict loser list. At least for basic conflict resolution. Script problems and other interactions (like multiple level list stacking) are a bit more difficult but start with the basics.

SO I got all the mods installed and booted up.  When I go to create a character the head and body skin colors are completely different and I can't figure out why.  When I look for solutions everyone is talking about NPCs, not how to fix the player character.

post-3912-0-02015700-1434164431_thumb.jpg

post-3912-0-74866500-1434164436_thumb.jpg