Revisited: Q&A for Dummies (me!)

Thank you as well. And did you install other mods recommended by Tend0 and made compatible with PCaPP?

Like Obis, Civil War Overhaul, Enemy AI overhaul, Skyrim Immersive Creatures, Deadly Dragons, Apocalypse Spell Package, and others like it...

Obis, SIC, and Deadly Dragons are already included in SR:LE. That being said, I do not tweak any settings in the MCM unless otherwise stated in the SR:LE guide.

I have heard too many horror stories about Civil War Overhaul and how script heavy it can be. No idea if that has changed and it's more stable now, but I won't go near it. Haven't heard of Enemy AI overhaul, so can't say much about it.

As for Apocalypse Spell Package, I do intend on giving it a shot at some point, but as my current character doesn't use spells, I don't want to drop it in mid-playthrough for no reason.

I do have a second MO directory with the most recent SR:LE updates (mostly certain mods that have been updated, such as wet and cold), as well as the current PerMa version (current playthrough on 1.2.x - If you can't tell I'm deathly afraid of updating anything mid playthrough). I'll try adding Apoc in on that and see what happens.

The only other mods I have installed on top are Breezehome Fully Upgradable and Predator Vision. Iirc, you need to exclude player homes in the ELFX installation in order to get it working properly without graphical errors. Predator Vision installs nicely and works with Vividian ENB, albeit it seems to only work on a character-by-character basis. As in it does not work on my current character (vampire), though for whatever reason it will work fine if I start a new character. Haven't been able to figure out the issue there, but that bug has spanned every STEP/SRLE/etc revision I've ever installed. *shrug*

EDIT: Apoc seems to work nicely. Added it in with my updated profile and did some light play testing with a few destruction spells. I think I might try out a pure mage/caster play through soon.

Edited by Geheiligt
  • +1 1

Thank you for the detailed answer, Geheiligt :) . If you like Apocalypse, which is awesome, you might also like other mods made by EnaiSiaion, which are also great, like Dwemertech, Spectraverse, and the ultimate new shouts mod, Thunderchild.

Edited by dreamer1986

DynDOLOD gives me infinite load time when going from interior to exterior environments.  I had to turn it off.  The one time it seemed to work the dyndolod menu showed that it was not loaded.

My biggest problem that I have never seen before is that I am getting slideshow frame rates whenever I am facing any (at least so far) settlement, fort, or bandit enclave.  I have to save and reload and then next time i get near the settlements the Frame rate again comes to a crawl.

I have added Perma, Hunterborn, Hunters Treehouse, and Travellers of Skyrim.

I wasn't a fan of dyndolod. My current setup I have it omitted. My updated setup with no current playthrough has it, still unsure if I want to keep it.

You could try the low settings when you run the dyndolod script and see if that works any better for you. Nothing game breaking if you leave it out though.

Do you still get the frame drops without dyndolod?

game wont work with dyndolod so the frame drops are with it off all ready.     1-2 FPS while bandit forts and whitrun in few.  I save and reload and it is fine.  but if i leave the fort area and return the lag comes back and i have to save and reload again.

For example just facing black burrow falls from a few feet out of the helgan caves drops me down to 1 fps once i look at the sky or ground I then go back to normal where i can go any direction unless i look at the burrow again.

For example just facing black burrow falls from a few feet out of the helgan caves drops me down to 1 fps once i look at the sky or ground I then go back to normal where i can go any direction unless i look at the burrow again.

Signed up just to chime in that I have the exact same problem. I go from a stable 50 to slideshow fps in random locations when looking at random directions. I assumed it was DynDOLOD or something. In a make shift test, I jumped around a giant boulder, where my fps tanked and the drop only happened when I looked at boulder from a specific side. The boulder/rock wall was slightly bigger than my character and would block the distant view in first person. On the other side of this boulder, my framerate was fine whether I looked toward the distance or at the boulder. My game only turned into a slideshow when I was standing in this very specific spot and looked in a very specific direction.

Now I should say, I've added several additional mods that change gameplay and add wandering generic NPCs and such. So this could be a weird script issue. I also have zero knowledge about Skyrim stability, so I'm just guessing and saying what happened. Just echoing a weird issue.

Hrm that's really odd that a boulder would cause that. If repeatable try taking out any rock mods.

I doubt it, but I'll try next time I play. The rock situation was just the make shift test. It's happened in the bandit hideout with the huge bridge (I forget the proper location) as well other random spots that I can't recall at the moment. I'll take screenshots or write down locations next time it happens.

I have followed the SRLE installation and optimized the Bethesda Textures myself in DDSopt. However, the DDSopt guide says that I do not need to optimize the DLCs so I did not. I also do not have DG, DB and Hearthfires showing in the left window. The ESMs all show up in the right Plugins window and the game runs fine through the SRLE profile. The guide states the following left window view (with the ones I see and do not see  next to it.

* Vanilla Optimized                            Y
* Dawnguard                                     N
* Dawnguard Optimized                     N
* Hearthfire                                      N
* Hearthfire Optimized                       N
* Dragonborn                                    N
* Dragonborn Optimized                     N
* HighResTexturePack01                     Y 
* HRDLC1 Optimized                          Y
* HighResTexturePack02                     Y
* HRDLC2 Optimized                          Y
* HighResTexturePack03                     Y
* HRDLC3 Optimized                          Y
* Cleaned Vanilla ESMs                       Y 
* Skyrim Script Extender                    Y

I also do not know now where to put the Unofficial patches as a result of my left window.

So I'm finishing off the guide, and I'm at the conflict resolution part.  You suggest we do it manually at least once so we can know how to do our own conflict resolution, but my question is how can we tell by ourselves what conflicts need to be resolved.  When I apply the filter to sort for conflicts I still have a huge amount of records that you don't even mention.  Is there any better way to sort them, or is it just a matter of looking through things for conflicts that might actually be a problem.