CTD when loading a save.

secreth

Question

So i have been following S.T.E.P core point by point. All i did was taking HQ for most options.

So first of all my specs are:

i5 4670k OC to 4.2 Ghz

16gb 1600mhz ram

GTX 980 4gb VRAM

SSD

So i am still installing i have gone into the game after each section i have installed to test if i had to lower textures and such. The game is very stable even with enb on i never drop under 55 fps and i am mostly on 60 fps all the time. Now there is a few mods i have installed outside the guide which is just a must have for me: Interesting NPCs, immersive armors and weapons and Jaysus swords. The last section i finished installing was Clothing and equipment so any mods under that i havnt done yet. Including bashed patch.

My issue is i can start a game, go to a town save and then get killed upon loading last save i will CTD, i can quick save and then quick load i will CTD. I can also do a normal save and then load that save and CTD so basicly only when loading a save game will CTD. Ive had this issue under installments of mods before just never tracked the problem. Last time i had this issue i didnt have iNPC installed. Anyone experienced the same thing or have any idea how to track the problem causing it?

Cheers.

EDIT: Forgot to mention i am using the Sheson memory patch through SKSE.ini and i am fairly sure my vram and ram setting in enblocal.ini is correct aswell.

Edited by secreth

If it's only when loading a save, then it was something corrupt or erroneous being stored in your save files. Save Game Script Cleaner might be of some help. I've used it successfully before to remove the NPC data that causes grey faces so I know it can work. You have to figure out what is causing the error first to be able to remove it from your saves though.

I have had a similar problem every time I've done  a STEP install, with or without additional mods. The way I handle it is the console command "player.kill". I have given up trying to source or solve this issue, and have instead learned to live with it. This is how it goes for me:

1. All quicksaving and autosaving functions are disabled. I only manually save, and I frequently make "hard" new saves.

2. I always make a hard save immediately after booting up the game. I then load that save and save over the file. 

3. I will CTD any time I perform step #2. Occasionally if I forget, after playing for a while this will not happen but in the past I have lost a lot of time/progress by forgetting. I remember 99% of the time now to do the next bit:

4. Upon starting Skyrim and loading my save, I immediately console command "player.kill" and then perform Steps #1 and #2 and I no longer crash when saving for the entirety of the play session. If I turn the game off or CTD, I follow the same procedure without exception just to make sure.

I have never been able to figure out what causes this issue. In the old days, the only bug known to do stuff like this was during the Vaermina quest in Dawnstar and that is a well known bug that may even have been fixed by now. Other than that, I cannot help you figure out what causes this. I doubt that it's the big game overhauls like Perma or SkyRe as I have always had this issue without ever using those mods.

• +1 1