Unable to install mods I had installed in previous game

rayhne

Question

I had to restart my game and I start clean (remove the game, reinstalled, etc.). Now I'm adding mods that I had installed before and they won't install. The installer comes up and I go through it by when it goes to install I get this message:

20:57:11 [D] nexus category id 85 maps to internal 11
20:57:11 [D] mod id guessed: animated clutter-48287-1-9 -> 48287
20:57:11 [D] using mod name "Animated clutter" (id 48287) -> animated clutter-48287-1-9.7z
20:57:16 [D] trying encoding utf-16
20:57:16 [D] not utf-16: Start tag expected. in line 1
20:57:16 [D] trying encoding utf-8
20:57:16 [D] interpreting as utf-8
20:57:22 [C] failed to extract Animated Clutter/FULL INSTALLATION FILES\meshes to meshes: Animated Clutter/FULL INSTALLATION FILES\meshes not found in archive
20:57:22 [D] installing to "J:/Games/ModOrganizer/Skyrim/mods\Animated Clutter"
20:57:26 [D] Installation successful
20:57:26 [D] J:\Games\ModOrganizer\Skyrim\profiles\Default\modlist.txt saved

I download new copies of the mods, the meshes are there but they aren't being installed. This also happened ith Bellyache's Creature mod.

5 answers to this question

This is yet another one of those FOMODS that just refuses to play nice with MO's internal installer.

Open the 'Settings' window in MO and on the 'Plugins' tab locate the listing: Fomod installer in the left hand side. Double click on the line: 'enabled - true' on the right-hand side and select 'false' from the drop-down list.

This will use the slightly less attractive external installer from which you should be able to install those problematic fomods.

I've made a few postings in one or two mods about how to get MO to install them, but even when instructions are given in the MO forum users rarely read them. *Sigh*

You do realize that the evidence of reading is in all the people who don't ask for support. If my memory is good, we don't experience near as many MO support issues as we had a year ago.

You do realize that the evidence of reading is in all the people who don't ask for support. If my memory is good, we don't experience near as many MO support issues as we had a year ago.

Very true. We should take this as a good sign then.

I'm probably letting my experience with 'non-comments' with users from the Nexus FNIS forum cloud my view. No matter how much instruction @fore or I give in both the Nexus mod pages, people just don't follow correct installation instruction and bombard him with posts to which he responds with a "ask in the MO forum". That advice is never followed through with though and I am yet to see a FNIS user post, based on his reminder.

Phew! That was way off-topic, sorry about that, just clearing my chest.