Paid mods are now available on the workshop

CJ2311

On a side note, I love this forum. I view this place as a little safe haven for posting and reading legitimate concerns within the community without worrying about the storm outside :)

Yes, I was thining about this, too. Maybe we could do something like contact chesko, isoku and other modders who get hammered and tell them that they could always come here and continue their work. Both the stuff and the members could provide valuable help and info.

Ok. What I replied is to perhaps update WATER (obviously it is still free) and remove the rest of the mods. The rest like Better Dynamic snow have too many options for Steam and are better suited to the Nexus. Now I hope I can get a reply from him.

How much hate is there by the way? There are petitions and stuff then? Are people snubbing the paid mods really badly?

On a sidenote, people are already posting the paid mods for free all over the internet. I won't give links for obvious reasons but any 5 year old could find them.

I must be retarded then... I actually tried a couple times to find these said pirated copies just to see what people are talking about with them being available around the internet.  I haven't seen one anywhere.  I obviously don't know how to search for warez I guess...

Alright, another bit of news. Welcome to the first mod with actual ad popups in it.

Midas Magic has a 4% chance upon casting a spell of triggering a popup advertising the paid version of the mod.

On a sidenote, people are already posting the paid mods for free all over the internet. I won't give links for obvious reasons but any 5 year old could find them.

Ad popup? It's nagware, or perhaps nagmod, to coin a new term.

Your link is to a html snapshot of the comments thread for that mod, which is now unavailable on Steam Workshop. I'm seeing this all over the place - posts that I read and when I go back they've been edited, or worse the thread or the whole mod is gone. Very volatile, and confusing.

• +1 1

I must be retarded then... I actually tried a couple times to find these said pirated copies just to see what people are talking about with them being available around the internet.  I haven't seen one anywhere.  I obviously don't know how to search for warez I guess...

Scratch that - found it.  lol  I was searching for the wrong words.

Thanks Kaos. I put my stance at the top of my Ruffled Feather mod. I always said that to people, so why not keep it permanent? I don't hate people for wanting more money, I hate these sly things people can add to their mods. I also hate Valve for trying to split the community again (although I hate their waste of time DRM anyway, which is why I bought from GoG a lot). I don't get 'why now' too. It is too late to introduce this now. 

Your link is to a html snapshot of the comments thread for that mod, which is now unavailable on Steam Workshop. I'm seeing this all over the place - posts that I read and when I go back they've been edited, or worse the thread or the whole mod is gone. Very volatile, and confusing.

That's why I used a html snapshot, with everyone's comments being deleted these last 2 days, it's better to take preemptive measures.

I just noticed my downloads have had a  jump in the last few days. 2.5k a day just over. That only usually happens after a massive update, but it wasn't. Before it was 2.5k in 3 days.

Edit: Nice post by Emma.

Edited by Guest

Maybe people who were using RWT and have deserted Isoku's mods looking for a replacement in WATER? 

Cause that's what I'd have done.

That was my first thought, but who knows, they might just fancy a donut? I'll get that quip in before all of y'all. ;-) 

Just nitpicking here but since this is a relatively unknown forum with not many people attending it, and possibly the best way to reach you:

I ALSO DO NOT TAKE DONATIONS, BUT I DO NOT CONDONE DONATIONS! 

Do you hate donations or do you mean "condemn" ?? :P

Edited by Marthenil