Star Wars: Battlefront

Neovalen

Oh well, I can now spend 50 bucks on something! ;) I'll probably wait until this game is on offer somewhere...

There is a code out there to get the base game for $45. I think it's GreenManGaming.

Edit: Here is the code...

GMGMID-SEASON-25PERC

• +1 1

I can't argue you aren't  savvy with your codes Neo. 

So it is basically following the Battlefield model? Will it have a premium service or it that the price for everything? I guess it depends how many packs they release. 5 with 4 maps each and all that content will be good value. I guess I remember when you could get 4 maps for CoD 2 for less than half of what that would equal. It certainly is not as good value as it was.

Neo did you get to try out the heroes? Are they any good or underpowered? How is flying? I heard it is a bit clunky? Also is the map variety any good? I think all I have seen are rocks and more rocks, bar the forest. The base battles were always the best.

You can also get a coupon from GMG if you put the game in your cart and leave the site, then wait for a day. Not sure if you'll get anything better than that 25% code that Neovalen posted. However the cart trick works for all games, just don't abuse it. ::P:

Personally, I think I'll wait until they release the premium edition of the game, that way I can have it for 60 bucks with all the DLCs, it'll just mean I'll miss the release of the first 2 DLCs or so.

• +1 1

I can't argue you aren't savvy with your codes Neo.

So it is basically following the Battlefield model? Will it have a premium service or it that the price for everything? I guess it depends how many packs they release. 5 with 4 maps each and all that content will be good value. I guess I remember when you could get 4 maps for CoD 2 for less than half of what that would equal. It certainly is not as good value as it was.

Neo did you get to try out the heroes? Are they any good or underpowered? How is flying? I heard it is a bit clunky? Also is the map variety any good? I think all I have seen are rocks and more rocks, bar the forest. The base battles were always the best.

There will be 4 DLC packs for the extra $50. All owners of the game will get the Jakku DLC for free just before the movie release.

I did try both heroes multiple times during the Beta. I thought they were just the right amount of overpowered, I averaged about 5-7 kills per Hero spawn before being taken out. That being said, you have a huge target on your back as a hero and everyone will try to kill you... :)

Flying was good for the most part, but not great. I know that is one area they are looking to improve before release along with smoothening some animations. From what I've read, there will be great map variety between modes. For example: Endor Walker Assault is mostly outdoors but Cargo or Droid Run will be exclusively indoors in bunkers, etc. Unlike Battlefield games where they took one huge map and cut pieces off for the other game modes Battlefront has maps designed specifically per game mode. At least that's what they've said.

Sounds pretty good. I'm sorry for my back and forth with you about the pricing, but I guess value is in the eye of the beholder (and yeah EA!). Yep, I will pick up the game early next year and wait for the DLC sale. I'm always happy with the base game usually anyway for a long long time. Now hopefully it isn't broken for a year like Battlefield 4, (no idea about Hardline) but I guess they have learned their lesson if the BETA ran smoothly. I hope Ewoks will be in the DLC at least, I loved being a Ewok!

Sounds pretty good. I'm sorry for my back and forth with you about the pricing, but I guess value is in the eye of the beholder (and yeah EA!). Yep, I will pick up the game early next year and wait for the DLC sale. I'm always happy with the base game usually anyway for a long long time. Now hopefully it isn't broken for a year like Battlefield 4, (no idea about Hardline) but I guess they have learned their lesson if the BETA ran smoothly. I hope Ewoks will be in the DLC at least, I loved being a Ewok!

I think that's what I will do as well. Unless some VR headset grabs my attention early next year :)

Ewok? Ew! OK.

Hardline and the Beta were both smooth launches, seems like they got Frostbite 3 under control now. Ewoks are in the base game, but not playable... there's an achievement for getting hit in the head with a rock from an Ewok... lol.

I think that's what I will do as well. Unless some VR headset grabs my attention early next year :)

Ewok? Ew! OK.

I find your lack of Ewok love disturbing. :)

'Pwaystation!'

Marketing deal?

Is it safe you say you might be slightly excited Neo? Good on you! Notihng wrong with feeling giddy like a child in my book.

(Virtual) Harrison Ford? Check!

Wilhelm scream? Check!

Yep, that's a true Star Wars trailer alright.  :;):

'Pwaystation!'

Marketing deal?

Is it safe you say you might be slightly excited Neo? Good on you! Notihng wrong with feeling giddy like a child in my book.

(Virtual) Harrison Ford? Check!

Wilhelm scream? Check!

Yep, that's a true Star Wars trailer alright. :;):

Yes marketing deal. There is a Battlefront PS4 with Darth Vader on the side this holiday. :)

Tempting, but I love to go in half-blind. I'd rather ask a few questions about specific things over knowing half of it.  Make sure you listen to Deth Starr while playing at least one match on the Death Star (if they be a Death Star map, hell if I know). I can hope and be disappointed if not, or surprised if there is. See?

By the way, did anyone every play Rebel Assault? Good times bar that fecking asteroid field in II. Games were not reviewed totally well, but I thought they were okay. Those and that Podracing game. I never played X-Wing for some reason. I did play the Kinect game somewhere, which sucked ass. The dancing game was hilarious though. The songs were boss:

Edited by Guest