Something seems to be missing, or is it just me?

Greetings everyone!

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I could simply not find a satisfying explanation.
SRLE does not include mods for what I consider some of the most important game aspects. Does anyone care to explain why?

I'm primarily thinking of:

Perks and balance (eg. PerMa, SPERG, SkyRe perk module)

Combat (eg. Duel - Combat Realism, Deadly Combat, Combat Evolved)

Balancing and scaling (eg. SkyRe scaling module)

I consider those categories pretty important for a fully modded game, but that might just be me? Somehow I think I will find it hard to enjoy vanilla perks and combat. Is there a specific reason for SRLE not covering these game aspects?
Another thing I was also thinking about was how SRLE contains no NPC or town/city mods, and though this might be more subjective I want to hear your opinions on some of these mods as well for a SRLE setup:

NPCs - Inconsequential NPCS, Interesting NPCs

Towns and Cities - JK's Skyrim/Dawn of Skyrim, Expanded Towns and Cities

Thanks to you all.

Check some of the STEP packs. That's what they're designed to do. 

Feel free to add and subtract from SR;LE as you wish.

For the NPC's and Towns and Cities mods you suggest you might wish to look at the STEP Regs pack.

As for Perks, I use Perma with SRLE quite nicely.

Vanilla combat AI and balancing is just not that good, and SRLE is supposed to be an all out modding setup to my understanding. So I don't see why Neovalen has not added any of these yet...

Also, how did you get PerMa running stable? To me it seems like quite the task.

Greetings everyone!

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I could simply not find a satisfying explanation.

SRLE does not include mods for what I consider some of the most important game aspects. Does anyone care to explain why?

I'm primarily thinking of:

Perks and balance (eg. PerMa, SPERG, SkyRe perk module)

Combat (eg. Duel - Combat Realism, Deadly Combat, Combat Evolved)

Balancing and scaling (eg. SkyRe scaling module)

I consider those categories pretty important for a fully modded game, but that might just be me? Somehow I think I will find it hard to enjoy vanilla perks and combat. Is there a specific reason for SRLE not covering these game aspects?

Another thing I was also thinking about was how SRLE contains no NPC or town/city mods, and though this might be more subjective I want to hear your opinions on some of these mods as well for a SRLE setup:

NPCs - Inconsequential NPCS, Interesting NPCs

Towns and Cities - JK's Skyrim/Dawn of Skyrim, Expanded Towns and Cities

Thanks to you all.

Basically, I just haven't had the time to do a full play through with mods of that type. Obviously, they introduce large changes and there are several other packs out there that can be used on top of SR:LE such as REGS and PerMa doesn't have a problem when set up correctly to work with SR:LE.

So instead of forcing what I would consider to be a half-cocked effort on these fronts, I leave it to people working on those packs to handle those types of mods FOR NOW. Eventually there will be a perk mod and other NPC mods, in fact I'm looking at Inconsequential and Interesting NPCs right now but I'm also trying to figure out the new LOD mod from Sheson for inclusion once its released out of beta.

I'd suggest looking at this: https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Modular_Morrowloot_Overhaul

The author seems to be in the process splitting the original guide into modular parts (judging from the Recent Changes tab). I'd suggest reading through those pages and trying out mods for yourself. I'd definitely recommend the Explorer's Guide pack, which adds Interesting NPCs, Inconsequential NPCs, JK's Skyrim and ETaC.

Thanks to you all for the answers! And Neo, you are awesome! I will definitely look into REGS and some of the other packs, and it seems I will have to learn conflict resolution.
I am still unsure about the combat mods, but I guess at least combat AI mods like Combat Evolved won't cause any conflicts.

Edited by D1m5
  • 2 weeks later...

I think very highly of the REGs pack and use most of it with SRLE - they work quite well together, though require a few edits.  I think the team working on this have done a great job focusing on compatibility - navmeshes (and, to a lesser extent, lighting issues) are a bugbear to deal with and they seem to have a good handle on them.

Over time, I've become less enamored of most of the combat mods - I think they generally tend to make the game much more lethal but also more random and upset the balance a bit - the focus on first strikes tend to makes archery overpowering, and a PC is always a better archer than hapless NPCs.  (If you use combat mods, be sure the check them in TES5Edit - some of them have a few unusual conflicts with mods like EFF.) 

I really appreciate Neo's focus on stability - as well as all I have learned from watching what he does. I've added quite a few additional mods beyond SRLE and REGs and the techniques Neo uses have served me well at getting my game into a stable shape and given me the ability to diagnose and repair some anomalies along the way.

Edited by statmonster