Realistic Water Two and meta rule instructions (missing esp)

xSJx

Question

Pretty basic question here, I tried to search and didn't seem to find anything about this specific topic. I'm trying to use LOOT to setup meta rule instructions for realistic water two. According to the wiki page, I need to set RealisticWaterTwo.esp to load after FarmhouseChimneys.esp. The problem is that this esp doesn't exist. I checked the filetree for the farmhouse chimneys mod, and the only esp there is HearthfireChimneys.esp. Should I just follow the directions using HearthfireChimneys.esp instead of FarmhouseChimneys.esp, or do I not need to worry about it since I dont technically have the FarmhouseChimneys.esp that the wiki refers to? Thanks! :)

Edit: I followed the directions using HearthfireChimneys.esp instead of FarmhouseChimneys.esp, seems to work fine when I benchmark but I'm not sure if the chimneys in question are involved at all lol :P

Edited by xSJx

6 answers to this question

That's my fault.

Hearthfire Chimneys name changed, everything got updated to reflect the change, realised the mod was different so updated the recommendations to point at the old version, didn't realise I'd need to update the LOOT rules.

I'll fix it right now. Thanks for reporting it SJ.

• +1 1

I see that on March 18 there was an edit to the STEP wiki to remove the LOOT rules for Realistic Water Two. But, as I read the LOOT masterlist, it still does not contain HearthfireChimneys.esp (still says FarmhouseChimneys.esp). Is that LOAD AFTER rule no longer needed, or was its deletion an oversight, any idea?

• +1 1

From what I can tell (just did a rebuild myself a week or so ago), we're down to just the two LOOT meta rules now. I doubt that it's deletion would be an 'oversight'... it's hard to miss the fact that you just deleted something. Not updating a rule, sure, but deleting? Pretty sure it was intentional. So, either LOOT does it that way normally now, or they determined that it didn't matter. *shrug*

It was deleted intentionally. I was very methodical in ensuring each LOOT rule that I was deleting had been added to the masterlist, however mistakes do happen.

I don't have the ability to check the masterlist atm due to us having no power here, but I'll see what I can find out.

EDIT: It was a mistake, though done intentionally.

The masterlist has been updated to add the rule, however the rule that was added is for the newest version of the mod, but STEP recommends an old version. The details of what occurred can be seen in the first few posts of this thread.

I'll see if I can fix it up from my phone without breaking anything else.

EDIT 2: It should all be fixed up now. Thanks very much stickyhippo for pointing this out!

Edited by Xaviien
  • +1 1