When Your Mod Gets Attention, You Must Face "Criticism"

fireundubh

Question

12 answers to this question

OMG! he was having a particularly bad day that day, wasn't he!

What site is that? Where are the moderators? I'm surprised he wasn't removed from it with all the profanity being thrown around.

I can't believe the gall of some people, even if I thought your mod WAS a steaming pile of ****, I wouldn't vent like that, I'd just uninstall it and move on.

Glad you can laugh it off.

Gotta love it eh? :) I've grown quite thick skinned since I first started my guide and mod(s).

I normally ignore the bad, but this one was a pet peeve I can't address in my other life. I hate when people poorly review things for either being what they are or not being what they're not!

• "The STEP forum is terrible because all they talk about over there are mods!"
  • "The STEP forum is terrible because it isn't the endocrinology forum I enjoy!"

OMG! he was having a particularly bad day that day, wasn't he!

What site is that? Where are the moderators? I'm surprised he wasn't removed from it with all the profanity being thrown around.

I can't believe the gall of some people, even if I thought your mod WAS a steaming pile of ****, I wouldn't vent like that, I'd just uninstall it and move on.

Glad you can laugh it off.

That was in the comments on Brodual's Master of Disguise Spotlight.

YouTube is generally comprised of trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls, so I can't take the negativity seriously. YouTube is quite a place.

Edited by fireundubh

I normally ignore the bad, but this one was a pet peeve I can't address in my other life. I hate when people poorly review things for either being what they are or not being what they're not!

• "The STEP forum is terrible because all they talk about over there are mods!"
  • "The STEP forum is terrible because it isn't the endocrinology forum I enjoy!"

I totally understand this having read the Dual Sheath Redux comment section for years. Granted it has slowed down a lot due to multiple guides, videos, etc have been created but not stopped entirely. Whats more fun is people asking the same questions over and over even when the answer is already in the description, sticky, and/or comment thread. I'm extremely glad WilliamImm has helped a ton with community management for DSR as I literally do not have time to respond to all the comments.

I totally understand this having read the Dual Sheath Redux comment section for years. Granted it has slowed down a lot due to multiple guides, videos, etc have been created but not stopped entirely. Whats more fun is people asking the same questions over and over even when the answer is already in the description, sticky, and/or comment thread. I'm extremely glad WilliamImm has helped a ton with community management for DSR as I literally do not have time to respond to all the comments.

Yeah, I ended up adding an entire FAQs to my troubleshooting sticky in the Nexus comments thread, so that whoever decides to post a comment there is first bombarded with enough information that they have to scroll down to see any comments. It's too bad we can't move the "Add Comment" link to after the sticky. Anyway, here's one of the entries:

Q: Why does Skyrim keep crashing after I install Master of Disguise?

You're missing one or more of the required masters: Dawnguard, Dragonborn, the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, or the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch. You were informed of these requirements on the description page, on the files page, and when you chose to download the plugin.

I just don't know what people are thinking when they download mods without reading anything.
Edited by fireundubh

The comment's been taken down but I bet I know which one it was. Someone wasn't a happy camper, were they?

And as for You Tube comments sections, I never even bother posting any more, when there's so many trolls in there there's more people under the bridge than walking over it, it's a waste of space. :)

I removed the post content ...

@fireundubh and all, link to stuff that blatantly breaks our posting rules ... please don't post an image to subvert our content filters.

As to that thread ...

What a jerk.

You should know better than to post offensive content, even if it's second hand ... I assume that is why you posted an image :/

FYI, post a link to the content next time. That is fine.

Seriously? You know you can't link directly to YouTube comments, right? I have no interest in participating in a forum that censors swearing like we're all children who can't handle the Internet and then issues you a "warning" for exposing our sensitive little hearts to the realities of the web. See ya.

• +1 2

• "The STEP forum is terrible because they don't allow cursing and only intelligent discussion of mods and related gaming errata!"

Fixed that for you. Sorry, but the reaction above really hit one of my pet peeves. I curse as much as the next guy but understand when one wants their site to be a safe, clean environment for everyone to work in.

• +1 5

Seriously? You know you can't link directly to YouTube comments, right? I have no interest in participating in a forum that censors swearing like we're all children who can't handle the Internet and then issues you a "warning" for exposing our sensitive little hearts to the realities of the web. See ya.

You can link to the page ... OK, cya!

Neo said it right in his last