PerMa links to wrong path

hinkhenk

Question

Hey, been trying to get PerMa to work with Mod Organizer and i pretty much everything set up.

Now i only have 1 problem.

This is my binary path and arguments:

post-5951-0-65679100-1420767323_thumb.png

however when i run the script, this occurs:

post-5951-0-32905600-1420767314_thumb.png

The patcher wont start becaus it links to the wrong path, but i have no idea how to redirect it to the correct path.

Any thoughts?

Best regards

Edited by hinkhenk

7 answers to this question

I assume you are running version 1.2.16? If so I suggest downgrading to version 1.2.14, this latest version has introduced an error in running Java executables.

If you set the executable in the 'Binary' field to point to your 32bit version of Java so that it looks something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe

it should work.

• +1 1

PerMa runs best on Java 8 btw. I hear it's still faster at patching and I know that during the beta Java 7 hardly ever produced a proper patch for me at least YMMV.

Also hink your problem is that MO is pointing to windows command line instead of the patcher. From your screenshot it looks like your path to the patcher itself is in the start in line. Click the button I circle in the picture below to browse to the locaton of your javaw.exe

PerMalook.png~original

That's the old PerMa patcher... might explain a few of the issues I was having. Helping you helped me figure something out lol.

I assume you are running version 1.2.16? If so I suggest downgrading to version 1.2.14, this latest version has introduced an error in running Java executables.

If you set the executable in the 'Binary' field to point to your 32bit version of Java so that it looks something like this:

it should work.

By running this, it doesn't do anything, just runs empty.

No windows popping up or anything.

Ill try downgrading to 1.6.14 tomorrow, and see for results.

Thank you for the hint :)

PerMa runs best on Java 8 btw. I hear it's still faster at patching and I know that during the beta Java 7 hardly ever produced a proper patch for me at least YMMV.

Also hink your problem is that MO is pointing to windows command line instead of the patcher. From your screenshot it looks like your path to the patcher itself is in the start in line. Click the button I circle in the picture below to browse to the locaton of your javaw.exe

PerMalook.png~original

That's the old PerMa patcher... might explain a few of the issues I was having. Helping you helped me figure something out lol.

As i figured, with the arguments, the CMD should recognise and running java with the valid path, since it points to the patchers location. i did this becaus i wanted to see what was happening with the patcher. It refers to a path i have not specified in my arguments nor path, so that eludes me where it thinks it is located in my steam folder and not where i tell it where it is.

And sorry to say, tried your variant too, and had tried before, nothing happens.

What I had to do in order to get the patcher to run once changing the path was to delete my PatchusMaximus.esp file and then run and everything went fine. Of course I am using 1.2.14 I don't ever upgrade MO except for like 2-4 weeks after a major update or if my version is a few months old.

it should work.

Downgraded and it works perfect

Thank you all for your time!