Can't download with Manager

lexo1000

Question

12 answers to this question

No its doesn't work. Also, the Known Servers window in Nexus tab is empty...

Edit : I have IE11 & Chrome installed. It works with Chrome but not with IE11. How can I set IE to work with MO as its my main web explorer?

Thanks

Edited by lexo1000

Thanks for help;

I've finally found a solution. I clicked nxmhandler.exe in MO folder and its reset the Handler.

But now my server in Known Servers window is 'CDN (free) (471 kbps)' and it's very slow..

Edited by lexo1000

Thanks for help;

I've finally found a solution. I clicked nxmhandler.exe in MO folder and its reset the Handler.

But now my server in Known Servers window is 'CDN (free) (471 kbps)' and it's very slow..

Although I find the way the servers being assigned as very annoying, Tannin has repeatedly stated that there is no code in MO that changes the way they are handled. The server you get is the way Nexus has assigned it, nothing to do with MO.

As you download mods the known server list will populate with more selections.

One thing you can try is to go into your profile on the Nexus site and under "Favourite download location" select a location as close to you as possible.

@GSDFan is that what you are actually getting? I know that is what is supposed to happen but for me only my initial installation gets the server list updated, all my subsequent installs have just one server listed.

I have noted this on other posts and also created a bug report but not everyone seems to have this experience.

This is my initial install:

5efe9c5bb7.png

and this is a typical list from another install:

67f83749b4.png

No matter how many downloads I make and for whatever game, these "lists" never change.

My Skyrim install, which I have been using daily has three premium and the CDN server and my FNV install that is older has twenty three known servers. I cut them out and the list updated with the four that show up in my skyrim install. I am wondering if they cut the number of servers when they set up the CDN network.

hmm... could be.

I just removed the server details from my Fallout3 MO ini and downloaded a file, I got just one server added but fortunately it is 8x faster than the one I removed.

Not really a big deal for me, but I have seen a couple of posts from users that are seeing this and the 'company line' doesn't seem to marry up with what is happening.

Anyway, thanks for the info.