SKSE shortcut doesn't start Skyrim

midgard9

Question

Hi folks,

I'm having this problem for half a year with different MO (currently 1.2.11) versions:

I can load Skyrim via SKSE from the MO UI as usual. If I'm creating a SKSE shortcut and trying to launch Skyrim, I can see the black SKSE Dos box, then the uncapper screen and after it vanishes nothing happens. Skyrim hasn't been loaded, I'm in windows all the time.

Here are my last log files if they're needed.

Thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

First of all, it didn't work.

Remove and recreate: I've done it 30 times, it never changed a thing.

Updating to 1.2.14: Also done. Plus recreating the shortcut with the same result.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

edit²: I can't even see the uncapper screen anymore after the update. Also emptied my overwrite folder, problem persists

Edited by midgard9

I'm using both of them, ETaC for a long time, added RS Children recently.

But that didn't change anything: I've disabled their esps first, afterwards deactivated the mods without any better results.

edit: After that I've disabled the whole load order as well. Just the esp and esm files, not the bsas or the mods.

Edited by midgard9

There's a known issue with the RSChildren patch for ETAC. There's a fix for it on the Nexus forums. I'll have to dig it up, but it's in the ETAC comments about 3 pages back. Involves some TES5EDit work and a couple of file renamings.

I find if you use ETAC's patch for RSChildren and disable the RSChildren ETAC patch it fixes the issue as well. 

But maybe that's not your issue. I've also had it show up when it seemed the game didn't like a merged patch I did.