SR:LE and LooT

Having just finished learning the ropes with successful installs of both Step:Core and Step:Extended from a clean vanilla install (HUGE thanks to the STEP team -amazing instructions) Ive come to rather like LooT.

Ive turned my ever greedy eye to SR:LE and was just rubbing my OCD hands at getting to do more modding and more not-actually-playing-Skyrim and noticed that in all of the SR:LE instructions there is no mention of LooT.

Is it ill advised to use loot rather than boss?  or is it actually impossible to use Loot in SR:LE

I understand loot and am happy reordering mods with meta rules etc.  Can i not just interpret Neo's instructions and use loot and meta rules rather than boss and BUM?

Thank you to ANYONE who sees this plea and responds

Matt 

Edited by Heliadhel

In STEP, we've added our own Meta Rules which are found on the mod pages where they are needed for those mods. There isn't a "repository" of rules or anything like that for LOOT as of yet. Just like when using BUM, users will need to create there own meta rules for LOOT to load mods in a specific order when necessary. In other words, Neo or another user that uses SR:LE would have to investigate the load order that LOOT provides for SR:LE, compare that to the load order of BOSS to make sure conflicts are resolved correctly, and then come up with the rules that are required specifically for SR:LE to achieve the correct load order for any mods not ordered properly...just as we did for STEP. This can be a big task when switching from BOSS to LOOT.

Well, Im not going to get a straighter answer than from the creator of SR:LE and Techangel for whom I have a load of respect from reading his millions of answers to folks querying STEP process.

I guess I need to learn to use BOSS and BUM then too lol.

Cheers for the answers guys

Matt

I'm currently using LOOT for an SR:LE + REGS (with PERkus MAximus) playthrough using STEP meta rules, REGS LOOT recommendations (when they're there) and treating some of SR:LE's BOSS userlist changes and converting them to LOOT rules where applicable i.e. any of the userlist rules specifically stating to load one mod after another. What I did (before customizing to my tastes with further mods and taking some out) was make a profile and follow SR:LE. Then I made another profile and followed REGS. Then I reopened the SR:LE profile copied it and opened the copy placing REGS right after SR:LE and then I double checked the guides as well as the SR:LE +REGS compatibility guide and Nearox's Medium System guide. Oh and don't forget the compatibility patches, LOOT solves a lot of conflicts but it's not perfect and sometimes you want a mod to overwrite one mods changes even if it's loaded before another mod.

Just my $0.02

I'm currently using LOOT for an SR:LE + REGS (with PERkus MAximus) playthrough using STEP meta rules, REGS LOOT recommendations (when they're there) and treating some of SR:LE's BOSS userlist changes and converting them to LOOT rules where applicable i.e. any of the userlist rules specifically stating to load one mod after another. What I did (before customizing to my tastes with further mods and taking some out) was make a profile and follow SR:LE. Then I made another profile and followed REGS. Then I reopened the SR:LE profile copied it and opened the copy placing REGS right after SR:LE and then I double checked the guides as well as the SR:LE +REGS compatibility guide and Nearox's Medium System guide. Oh and don't forget the compatibility patches, LOOT solves a lot of conflicts but it's not perfect and sometimes you want a mod to overwrite one mods changes even if it's loaded before another mod.

Just my $0.02

This is sort of what I did.  Started out with a Step Extended install, with the LOOT rules listed there.  Then added in some mods from the weather pack, survival pack, and the full install of regs.  Added in LOOT rules when listed from those packs.  I then added in some mods from SR:LE that looked good to me.  This process is easy.  I can see potential issues for the SR:LE mods.  Hopefully LOOT sorts them correctly, but I'm not at the level in TES5Edit where I would know.  

Edited by bern43

This is sort of what I did.  Started out with a Step Extended install, with the LOOT rules listed there.  Then added in some mods from the weather pack, survival pack, and the full install of regs.  Added inLOOT rules when listed from those packs.  I then added in some mods from SR:LE that looked good to me.  This process is easy.  I can see potential issues for the SR:LE mods.  Hopefully LOOT sorts them correctly, but I'm not at the level in TES5Edit where I would know.

+1.