Upgrading MO from 1.0.7 to 1.2.8

Quahogs

Question

Hello,   I have a stable skyrim using MO 1.0.7 but am now looking to incorporate some PACKS and need to upgrade to 1.2.8,

From what I read my old version was too far away from the latest so I needed to do a manual install/upgrade.  I have the new version 1.2.8 installed in the same directory 1.0.7 is located (I'm currently on vaca away from my pc and cant list the exact root dir but it's where it's supposed to be :-) )  My question is :

1)  I don't have room on my SSD to download all the mods again under 1.2.8 so I moved the MODS directory from under 1.0.7 to under 1.2.8.  Will I be frigging things up with a new game by doing this ?   I was able to copy a profile over and all "looks" well but...  Is this the correct way to migrate from 1.0.7 to 1.2.8 while trying to use the same profiles ?

thank you

6 answers to this question

He means:

1) Download the 7z file from this location: https://sourceforge.net/projects/modorganizer/files/?source=navbar

2) Extract the contents of the 7z file into its own folder: ModOrganizer_v1.2.9

3) Copy all of the contents from the ModOrganizer_v1.2.9 folder into the Mod Organizer folder (which should be in your Skyrim folder) overwriting any matching files.

NOTICE: you keep using 1.2.8 but 1.2.9 is the most recent version.

Edited by Vaportrails