LOOT shows v0.5.0 even after updating to v0.6.0

afonik

Question

I've installed 0.6.0 and when i use the executable feature of Mod Organizer LOOT report it is ok but everytime i run the SORT button of MO the report shows i'm using 0.5.0 and the message Note: A new release of LOOT is available.

How do i fix this?

5 answers to this question

FYI there can be a difference in load order in the latest LOOT, but only if you've configured custom metadata. You can't configure custom meta data in the internal LOOT, so this change will never affect MO internal-LOOT users.  But any users who have downloaded an external LOOT - to use via Executables - should upgrade to 0.6, if they use metadata.  

This is the change in the LOOT 0.6 changelog that would affect ordering (in certain cases):

Fixed: Plugin priorities are now temporarily "inherited" during sorting so that a plugin with a low priority that is made via metadata to load after a plugin with a high priority doesn't cause other plugins with lower priorities to be positioned incorrectly.

So if you only use MO internal LOOT (via Sort button), this can't affect you because you're not able to set any metadata (priorities etc.)   If you download a separate LOOT, which you run via Executables, then you can set metadata and, if you have external LOOT 0.5, it's worth upgrading to external LOOT 0.6.

But yeah this doesn't sound like it applies to the OP - if he's using the internal Sort button then he's not applying metadata.  

Note for OP:  If you're going to use the internal Sort button there's no need or point in downloading a separate LOOT and using it via Executables.  The internal Sort button is not referencing that externally-downloaded LOOT at all.  

Use one or the other:

• If you want to set LOOT metadata (priorities etc), then download and install LOOT separately, and use it via Executables; and don't use the Sort button (it won't read your custom metadata/priorities.)
  • If you don't want/need metadata, then don't bother downloading a separate LOOT via Executables, and just use the internal Sort button only.