SR:LE + SPURG

I installed SR:LE successfully, and then tried to add the two mods I have been looking forward to: SPERG and Apocalypse Magic. According to my research these should have been compatible and, by installing those two mods and appropriate patches, then running Boss, a new Bash Patch, FNIS and SkyProc everything should have worked when I started a new game. 

These are the SPERG esps I am using:

• SPERG.esp 
  • SPERG-DG.esp 
  • SPERG-DB.esp 
  • SPERG Immersive Armors.esp 
  • SPERG Weapons and Armor Complete.esp 

and I'm also using

• Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
  • Dwemerverse - Dwarven Magic Package.esp

All sorted by BOSS.

Except 

• Apocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.esp

Which is not recognised and I think I'm probably supposed to BUM it somewhere but not sure where.

Result: constant crashing!

Does anyone have any idea for where I should begin to look for the problem?

It will need to be after whichever of the two mods is loaded last by BOSS. When sorted load up your whole load order in TES5Edit if it completes then you should be fine, if it does not then it will tell you why. 

Do you have the full SR:LE install including memory patch?

::):

It will need to be after whichever of the two mods is loaded last by BOSS. When sorted load up your whole load order in TES5Edit if it completes then you should be fine, if it does not then it will tell you why. 

Do you have the full SR:LE install including memory patch?

::):

Great Advice Smile. I fixed the location of the patch.esp above, then ran TES5EDIT with all ticked and followed the resulting suggestion about SPERG and another mod in SUM.

However, now when I run TES5EDIT I get:

Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" requires master "RealisticWaterTwo.esp" to be loaded before it.>

Which is weird because according to the order of the esps in BOSS & WyreBash, SR Conflict Resolution is one of the last to load (No. 89), well after Realistic Water Two (No. 81). I tried to make a SUM rule anyway but SUM won't let me or I'm doing it wrong. 

Edited by jacktannery

Great Advice Smile. I fixed the location of the patch.esp above, then ran TES5EDIT with all ticked and followed the resulting suggestion about SPERG and another mod in SUM.

However, now when I run TES5EDIT I get:

Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" requires master "RealisticWaterTwo.esp" to be loaded before it.>

Which is weird because according to the order of the esps in BOSS & WyreBash, SR Conflict Resolution is one of the last to load (No. 89), well after Realistic Water Two (No. 81). I tried to make a SUM rule anyway but SUM won't let me or I'm doing it wrong. 

Have you sorted the masters on the SR Conflict Resolution before loading the whole setup?

Have you sorted the masters on the SR Conflict Resolution before loading the whole setup?

I had done as part of installing SR:LE, however I can no longer do this as I can't get TES5EDIT to load all the mods any more. Oh god I hope I don't have to start all over again!

Okay - so I uninstalled SPERG and apocalyspe magic, then deleted the conflict patch, bashed patch, asis and dual sheath, then deleted everything in my override folder, then reinstalled asis and dual sheath and ran all the things Neo says to get a stable version of SR:LE.

I then started a new game and did exactly what I did in my crashing run through, and guess what! After telling myself how quick and stable it all was, I then crashed at exactly the same place as before!

So it had nothing to do with SPERG and ApcoaMagic. This is an issue with my installation of SR:LE.

The crash location is in the forge at Fallkreath - when I look into crafting leather. 

The crash location is in the forge at Fallkreath - when I look into crafting leather. 

If it's always in the same location it is likely to be either a (broken/missing) mesh issue or a navmesh issue. Seeing as you mostly just installed SRLE with a few extra mods, and if the issue is as you describe - when opening the crafting menu at the leather rack - then I guess it could potentially be the former. 

Are you sure you completely removed SPERG? Or did you only disable the associated .esps?

I haven't used SPERG in a very long time, but you should check if the mod (or the patches for IW etc) also has meshes that overwrite other meshes from SRLE

Edited by Nearox

Okay I've conducted multiple experiments. I crash everytime in 3 places.

1. Crash in Forge

With SR:LE, Apocalypse, and SPERG I crash, also with just SR:LE. However when I use CCO mod manager thingy to make the crafting list shorter, ie just weapons, there is no crash. So this is just crafting menu overload.

2. Crash with Spriggans

Everytime I fight a spriggan I crash. This happens with SR:LE, Apocalypse & SPERG; and also with SR:LE & Apocalypse. I will try fighting spriggans with just SR:LE plain and see how I get on.

3. Crash fighting a couple of necromancers in a tower near Falkreath

Everytime I fight these spellcasters I crash. This happens with SR:LE, Apocalypse & SPERG; and also with SR:LE & Apocalypse. I will try fighting them with just SR:LE plain and see how I get on.

I assume 2 and 3 are related to spellcasting, so Apocalypse is (hopefully) the cause. Otherwise I did something wrong with me SR:LE installation. I never seem to crash in other situations and I always consistently crash in locations 2 and 3 (and any spriggan does it, not specific spriggans).

As for removing SPERG - yes I did it totally and deleted my override folder and redid the SR conflict patch, based patch and SUM from scratch. 

Edited by jacktannery
  • 2 weeks later...

I play a (nearly) full install of SR:LE with SPERG without issues.  Check to make sure that you have SKSE 1.7 alpha or higher set up correctly to enable the memory patch.  I was having crashes during combat months ago that turned out to be because I had accidentally named my SKSE.ini file "SKSE.ini.ini".  SKSE didn't recognize the file, so the memory patch was not enabled.