Advice wanted on the uncomment General section of the ini

peppergomez

Question

Hey all

I'd like a sanity check that I am doing the right thing here.

I have uncommented the four lines in the General section of the Bash.ini. 

Because WB recommends not using the game directory, I have chosen to use the install location of my Wrye Bash folder, which is F:Wrye Bash.

So I'd like to verify that I am writing the correct path in those four lines:

sOblivionMods=../F:/Wrye Bash
sBashModData=../F:/Wrye Bash/Bash Mod Data
sInstallersData=../F:/Wrye Bash/Bash Installers/Bash
sOblivionPath=F:/Steam Library/SteamApps/common/Skyrim

I have created the folders and subfolder I mention above, and "Steam Library" is the folder name of F that I isntall my Steam games to.

Thanks!

STEP instructions:

If no previous backup of bash.ini is available, copy and then rename "bash_default.ini" to "bash.ini," and place this alongside the former. The INI defines many useful things including where WB looks for installers. The following edits may be useful:
Under "[General]", uncomment the following lines and add in applicable paths (preferably to separate drives or directory locations other than skyrim/)

;sOblivionMods=../Skyrim Mods
;sBashModData=../Skyrim Mods/Bash Mod Data
;sInstallersData=../Skyrim Mods/Bash Installers/Bash
;sOblivionPath=G:/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim

3 answers to this question

Bump...this didn't work for me so I wasn't able to implement the STEP advice of:

The following edits may be useful:
Under "[General]", uncomment the following lines and add in applicable paths (preferably to separate drives or directory locations other than skyrim/)

;sOblivionMods=../Skyrim Mods
;sBashModData=../Skyrim Mods/Bash Mod Data
;sInstallersData=../Skyrim Mods/Bash Installers/Bash
;sOblivionPath=G:/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would like to know if the new paths I chose should lead to the mods-folder created by Mod Organizer, as it's managing my mods? Or should I create a Wrye Bash folder somwhere where it managers mods of its own?

so if MO stores the installed mods in:

X:/Mod Organizer/mods

should I tell Wrye Bash to

------------bash.ini--------------------------

[General];--sOblivionMods is an alternate root directory for Bash Installers and other Bash data.;    Putting it under the game's install directory can cause performance problems ;    during gameplay, so by default it is placed at the same level as the game folder.;    Here are the Oblivion and Skyrim defaults, and two other examples.;sOblivionMods=..Oblivion ModssOblivionMods=X:/Mod Organizer/mods;sOblivionMods=C:GamesOblivion Mods;sOblivionMods=C:SteamSteamAppscommonSkyrim Mods;--sBashModData is the directory containing data about your mods, ini edits, etc.;    If using MOM, mTES4 Manager, or other utility to manage multiple installs, ;    you will want to change this to keep the Bash data with your saved games.;    You'll need to use an absolute path to your saved games folder, so here;    are the defaults and a few examples.;sBashModData=..Oblivion ModsBash Mod DatasBashModData=X:/Mod Organizer/modsBash Mod Data;sBashModData=C:Documents and SettingsWryeMy DocumentsMy GamesOblivionBash Mod Data;sBashModData=C:UsersWryeAppDataLocalSkyrimBash Mod Data;--sInstallersData is the directory containing data about which installers;    are installed by Wrye Bash. If you changed sBashModData above, you'll ;    probably want to change this one too. Examples:;sInstallersData=..Oblivion ModsBash InstallersBashsInstallersData=X:/Mod Organizer/modsBash InstallersBash;sInstallersData=C:Documents and SettingsWryeMy DocumentsMy GamesOblivionBash InstallersBash;sInstallersData=C:UsersWryeAppDataLocalSkyrimBash InstallersBash;sInstallersData=C:UsersWryeAppDataLocalSkyrimBash Installers Data

---------------------------------------

Don't know if Wrye Bash will ever have much to do beside creating bashed patches, I'm almost sure I'm wrong but I dare to ask...

Edited by BUBISHI