MO Priority and LOOT

GlassDeviant

Question

5 answers to this question

Priorities of mods in the Left Pane differ from the load order of plugins in the Right Pane in that the mod priority order affects assets used in the game like textures and scripts whereas plugin order affects data records like what damage rating the steel sword receives. Plugin order generally can resemble mod priority order and should be used almost as a mirror for proper asset conflict resolution. This is why the Potential Mod Order Problem warning exists. It warns where mods containing scripts are prioritized in a manner that contradicts the plugin order, which can result in difficult to solve problems. An example would be the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. If the mod priority order has Unofficial Skyrim Patch in a higher priority than Unofficial Dragonborn Patch, it will break dragon soul absorption if MO is handling the BSAs or if the BSAs are extracted. Mirroring the plugin order fixes this issue.

wow, that seems to indicate that the priority sorting I did should actually break my game, but instead it has (so far) eliminated hard locks and increased my fps significantly (from 40-53 range to 120-300 range).

Edit: Aaand that's the end of that, just ctd before even getting to the standing stones. Back to the drawing board.

Edited by GlassDeviant

Priority shouldn't be an issue unless you have two mods both supplying foo.esp and if the two versions of foo.esp have contents that would cause LOOT to generate a different load order.

If you're not overriding any esp/esm files then as I understand it the load order should be the same. Or at least functionally equivalent.

Where a lot of people get confused is when MO asks to re-order mods based on LOOT's re-ordering. In that case it's asking that you change the mod priority in the left hand pane to better reflect the order generated by loot rather than the other way around.

And my apologies if I missed your point completely :)

I know this is kind of an old thread but I am having similar issue and not sure what to do. I just finished installing all the STEP Extended Mods, Extended Patch, and Combined Plugins. I then added all the Meta Rules for Loot, which I hadn't really been doing as I was installing the mods. (Waiting to the end I guess) Anyway now after adding the Meta Rules I get the following message from Mod Organizer.

"The conflict resolution order for some mods containing scripts differs from that of the corresponding esp.
This may lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods (left list!).
There is no way to reliably know if each of these changes is absolutely necessary but its definitively safer.
If someone suggested you ignore this message, please give them a proper slapping from me. Do not ignore this warning
The following changes should prevent these kinds of errors:

• Move Traps Make Noise after Even Better Quest Objectives
  • Move Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf after Traps Make Noise
  • Move Non-Essential Children after Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf
  • Move The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options after Non-Essential Children
  • Move When Vampires Attack after The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options
  • Move Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade after When Vampires Attack
  • Move The Paarthurnax Dilemma after Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
  • Move The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options - Dawnguard after The Paarthurnax Dilemma
  • Move aMidianBorn Book of Silence -Weapons after aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Content Addon"

As you can see MO has alot of suggestions for my left side pane, which was installed in the exact order listed on the STEP guide. Is this typical? Should it be ignored, or should I re-order as MO suggests?

Thanks in advance.

Also this is what LOOT looks like, which looks suspicious to me in that very few of the mods have an actual priority assigned to them. How is it that loot sorts these mods when it gives them all the same priority?

Posted Image Here is what my loot looks like as well. LOOT looks suspicious to me in that all of the mods have the same "0" priority setting. How is it that LOOT can sort these mods if they all have the same priority?

I think that link for LOOT image is messed up try this. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=43924233190B3164!2736&authkey=!AD4Tpe_UFS6N4L0&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpgPosted Image