Mods not showing up in BOSS

crashonthebeat

Question

So, I installed Mod Organizer, and I just spent the whole afternoon downloading and installing all of the STEP mods through mod organizer. Now, when I run BOSS, none of the mods are showing up. I'm pretty sure I followed all of the steps correctly, but I'm at a loss.

Game is installed under

D:GamesSteamSteamappsCommonSkyrim

Mod Organizer is under:

D:GamesSteamSteamappsCommonSkyrimMod Organizer

Can't think of any other relevant information.

3 answers to this question

DoubleYou, on 15 May 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

But... You got to do some fixing of the LOOT load order if you want everything to work correctly.You need to run BOSS from inside Mod Organizer https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Third_Party_Programs

I am sure that is true but perhaps not for everybody's mod build.

I think LOOT requires some assist on certain patch mods that lack masters, and from my understanding that may be a questionable practice on the part of patch authors or at the very least a short-cut which will understandably not provide LOOT with the information it needs to do its job...hardly LOOT's fault, that! ::P:

I've been running LOOT extensively with a rather large mod build and certainly not STEP approved, I have yet to run into an identifiable LOOT ordering faux pas in my testing and play-throughs to level 35-50.