Still Require Help\MO

eLoCC86

Question

Distant Decal Fix and Unofficial Skyrim Patch are flagged but when I click on overwrite tab

there is nothing inside there?

The tab is working as I just created a mod using overwrite for Dual Sheath Redux?

8 answers to this question

I the left pain of MO those mods have a conflict with each other.

One file is overwriting the other I believe as per the Flag.

But there are no files in the overwrite?

Edited by eLoCC86

You're confused, and everything is working as it should. Yes, Unofficial Skyrim Patch is "overwriting" part of Distant Decal Fix, but that doesn't mean those files are now in Overwrite. Overwrite is supposed to remain empty. That's why for Dual Sheath Redux we had you create a mod from it.

ahh,

so is there anything special I should do with them,

as there is a little lightning bolt beside both.

I did read the wiki to understand what the flags are and read the section on overwrite but still a bit confused.

The flags are supposed to be there. You should make certain that all lightning icon mods are in the correct priority position so they provide the correct files. In this case, Distant Decal Fix must have a lower priority number than USKP. In your traditional mod manager, lightning icon mods would have overwritten some files between the two mods, provided they were not packaged in a BSA.

Ahh, I see said the blind man.

Thanks, I looked over the priorities tab in the wiki.

Seeing as how Distant Decal Fix is 7 and USKP is 18 ill assume the guide is pretty much listed in a way so I shouldnt really have to change prioity numbers anyway, correct?

USKP was installed after Distant Decal so it gains priority anyways, no fixing needed.