What direction is SR going in

Hello Neo. I was wondering what is your plan with Skyrim Revisited? There are a lot mods such as interface, Fixes, Gameplay and so on In STEP that I would love to see in Skyrim revisited. To be honest I know the STEP team works hard on their guide and I wish I had half the knowledge you guys have but I could care less about a vanilla Skyrim I think a majority of us want a better / fun Skyrim. I am just curious because I know that STEP 3.0 is going to be a starting point for packs and the packs there are now have a lot of overlapping mods Cutting Room Floor is a good example it is in STEP, SR and REGS and in each guide it is in a different location in the install order. It  just seems to me what really needs to happen is there needs to be a mega guide with everything like the original Skyrim Revisited so novice people like me can follow it. I noticed you keep your guide updated but really haven't been adding anything to it. I look for updates to your guide religiously and I'm sure quite a few others do also. I know you are testing mods and there is also real life. I guess part of my question is are you waiting for STEP 3.0  for things to be finalized (not that I think that will happen while people continue to mod for Skyrim) or do you have other plans. One thing I would like to do before I end this is thank Neo, CJ from Regs, the STEP team and all the Modders because you guys make an already awesome game that much better.

• 4 weeks later...

The exact order of many mods doesn't matter, they are just grouped for convenience to get similar types of mods near each other. Since different authors see the grouping occurring in slightly different ways, they end up being in different orders. You should check the conflicts in MO to understand where the ordering matters.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think MO has any particular opinion on your load order. What it complains about is if the order in which mod folders are applied when creating the Data VFS. If the VFS ordering is such that assets wouldn't load in the way suggested by the load order in the right hand pane, then it complains.

That's a point that could probably be explained with greater clarity by MO. I know it took me a while to realise what it meant.

I'd organise them so the order in the left/middle pane follows the order in the STEP guide. That gives you the same overwrite priorities as installing following STEP without MO.

But then I'd run LOOT and reorder the middle pane as needed based on MO's analysis of LOOT's ordering. If that makes sense. So a bit of both, really.

Mind, I'm new here. The old hands may tell you differently.

Edited by DocClox