Two mysterious and comically annoying Skyrim problems lacking solutions

Kuldebar

Question

Over many builds these problems have cropped up, they don't always manifest within a particular game but when they do, they seem to be endemic to a particular play through. Most people will admit to have suffered from one or both of these glitches at least once or twice:

Louis Letrush:

Showing up in front of Whiterun Stables (very common) or some players having multiple LL appearances throughout the game world, etc.

I have only had this happen once and never again, but I attribute the non-reoccurrence from my fervent refusal to ever do the quest for Louis Letrush in Riften Bee & Barb again. Yes, the horse was nice, but not worth the oddity of having Letrush stay on an eternal vigil outside the Stables...

Dragon Corpse at Player Spawn:

This issue happens fairly often in my games. The dead dragon will magically be teleported to where the player enters the zone via a load screen. Leaving any of the city gates, for instance, may result in a dragon skeleton (from a dragon killed in that worldspace region) landing in all its havocked glory on or near the player.

None of these issues are game breaking...but somewhat immersion breaking. They transcend the spectrum of mod usage variants or having the latest Unofficial Patches.

And, to my knowledge, they've never been fully resolved.

6 answers to this question

I've had the dragon corpse stalking issue (took a minute to figure it out as the dragon was clipping below ground & only the tail was visible looking like a strange tree waving in the breeze). I guess Dragon Combat Overhaul may exacerbate the issue (I had recently installed it in that new game), regardless I followed the suggestion from the DCO page & marked the corpse for delete via console. It happened again, same solution, and I didn't see a reoccurrence in the next ten slain dragons.  

Obviously not a fix, or an understanding, but mark for delete console command seemed to solve the issue for me. As for Louis, haven't had the pleasure (?), but I'll keep that in mind. Horsemanship is an untapped game aspect for me, I should remedy that, and get around to seeing Solsteim.