"almost vanilla" CTD after using COC to "markarthwarrens"

XATX

Question

Hello,

I have the following problems.

I launched a new game, completed Helgen completed the first cave-dungeon,stepped outsied and made a savegame. Whenever i load this game, use the coc command  to travel to "MarkarthWarrrens" and exiting the place to enter Markarth, i get a brief glimps of Markarth and then...CTD.

It happens 3 out of 5-7 Times. I dont know for sure...its not everytime i try this but quite often.

---------- Heres my SETUP----------------

After doing a clean installation of skyrim, following the STEP steps : configurelauncher, editing the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini,  installing Mod Organiser, Boss and TEs5edit. Furthermore i cleaned the main esm files with Tes5Edit (no more message by BOSS) and installed the following mods:

SKSE,Cell STabilizer and: all the unofficial DLC patches

Loadorder:

Skyrim.esm ActiveUpdate.esm ActiveUnofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 ActiveDawnguard.esm ActiveUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 ActiveHearthFires.esm ActiveUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 ActiveDragonborn.esm ActiveUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 ActiveHighResTexturePack01.esp ActiveHighResTexturePack02.esp ActiveHighResTexturePack03.esp ActiveUnofficial High Resolution Patch.esp Version 1.1.6 Active

Im not using the optimized Textures or any other mod...or anything else.

Those are my https://wiki.step-project.com/User:XATX/SystemSpecs

-------------------------------------------

I checked the papyrus logs..they dont tell a thing. no Warning, no error.Its strange..it feels like i just installed vanilla skyrim, added the patches and still...CTDs.

Any Ideas what this CTD might be about?

Thanks a lot,XATX

PS: I just wanted to let you STEP Guys know....GREAT JOB ! Thanks a lot for creating this project called STEP

Edited by XATX

7 answers to this question

Hey,

Oh, i forgot about this: I used SSME and copied the 2 necessary files into the main skyrim folder...

i just did another testrun, always the same routine:

starting the game via SKSE, loading my savegame, using coc to travel to markarthwarrens and exiting the place, entering markarth. 

first 3 runs, all good, 4th run, CTD

Phew, theres a lot to think about, regarding a skyrim installation. I forgot to mention that one as well.....=)

Yes, i installed ENBoost like STEP mentioned, copying only those 3 files into the main skyirm folder.

Allthough i'm not sure if i installed it correctly: When launching the game i can see some generel ENB Infos, followed by a red warning:"Patch Speedhack turned on in IniFile, Graphic modicifation disabled".

I hope thats how its supposed to be.

Anyone any idea how i can track down a CTD?

Thanks a lotXATX 

XATX apologies for semi-hijacking your thread...I believe my below question can be somewhat relevant...

I would like to know as well how you can track down a CTD that might be, for example, mesh-related?

How can i narrow down this mesh? Is there some "standard" procedure?

If a mesh is causing a CTD, you'd have to manually test them by disabling mesh mods until you find it. The problem here lies in the fact that the user is running vanilla + unofficial patches and has CTD.

ENBoost is supposed to give that warning, so that is correct. I really don't know what else could be causing the crash.

well, thx for your ideas and thoughts about "my problem".

I just continue with STEP Mods-Installation and hope that this CTD Problem will be vanish and dont disturb may gaming experience...oh well

Thanks !