trouble in skyrim with mod organizer plz help

Goldenmanner

Question

good morning/evening everyone, i have a bit of a problem here with installing some mods and lunching the game, details follows as:

some mods like SeveNBase Female Body Installer and bodyslide and Pretty Combat Idles they just install normally nothing happen but then after the install is complete i find them in gray name and at the flags tab there is red X box and it says no valid game data even though it didn't show up the window that suppose to show up when it's really no valid game data to fix it but no it just goes like this and the mods are not working in game.

2nd problem is there is some mods for no reason make me CTD just when the game start, i haven't faced this problem with those mods with the same load order by nexus mod manger so idk what's going on.

3rd problem is about FNIS when i first ran FNIS a msg showed up says there is a problem with the FNIS as it not be set or something and need to rerun and it has options as (yes-no-cancel) if i click no or cancel it just close but when i click yes FNIS opens and i do what i want to do with it and it goes fine but here is the problem when i close it a msg show up says GenerateFNISforUsers.exe failed to run even though it was just open and doing it's job and even with that msg after i open the game it just work fine with what the FNIS installed but just everytime i run FNIS it give me the same msg before it open and after it close and here is the weird thing, i accidentally clicked on remember my choice check box thing and now it doesn't give me the first msg when i want to run BUT FNIS run instead of the game exe! if i lunch the game luncher or skse_loader or TESV it just run FNIS instead and if i close it, it just give me the same old msg and when i run the game FNIS run instead...i found some sort of solution to it by running FNIS outside mod organizer and minimize it then open skyrim by mod organizer and it worked but the odd thing is the game is sooo slow when it runs alongside with FNIS so i had to close it quickly before the game window starts to run or i have to tab out of the game to close it.......idk what should i do plz help

9 answers to this question

1. MO does not handle mods well that do not have files under the Data folder. For example, i think bodyslide usually makes a folder in the Skyrim folder, 1 directory above the Data folder. MO cannot handle anything in the Skyrim directory i think. So it will say the mod has no valid game data. Best bet is to not use these types of mods via MO.

2. CTDs can have a huge number of causes. MO is far more sophisticated than NMM, so chances are you made a mistake somewhere. You really really need to read all the documentation, it may feel similar to NMM, but in a lot of ways its not. Especially check the section about the overwrite folder. It could also be that you updated your mods recently, and that could be an issue, etc etc. CTD troubleshooting with such limited information is very difficult.

3. You need to run FNIS through MO. You need to add FNIS as an application that MO can run. Again refer to the documentation. Do not treat MO as NMM.

And finally. You will get a lot more help around here if you use decent sentence structure, and punctuation. This message board is very mature, and this sort of writing can annoy some people. If you want help in the future i recommend you write your posts properly  ::):

well i apologize for that but im not that sort of forums communications type i just had some problems and failed to get some answers from google searching and i posted at The Bug Genie~ they sent me here, btw i remember adding spaces and lots of lines but idk why the msg ended up like that so sorry about that and bear with me plz

about 1st problem so should i just install these kind of mods via NMM or manually ?

about the CTD for example last time i had my load order listed well and good to go and MO showed me no problems warrning and then i downloaded a mod called A Quality World Map and checked it to make sure it sorted right and all but then i lunch the game and it crash at the middle of Bethesda logo show and of course i found no answers for my question (what's gone wrong)

and about FNIS here is a video for what's happening btw it happen to anything i try to open like tes5edit and CK also the game luncher and exe and SKSE

and plz if there is already solution somewhere or stuff i need to read for better understanding  just point me where it is
Edited by Goldenmanner

1st problem:

Those two mods Fomods do not behave correctly if my memory serves me correctly. Try using the NCC installer. Then I believe you may have to manually move some of the files.

2nd problem:

A Quality World map is merely textures, so I can't see how it would cause a CTD. I'd need more info to know the cause of CTD.

3rd problem:

Because you have FNIS Checker set to run FNIS whenever potentially necessary, it runs FNIS automatically for you before you play your game. You're not supposed to click the X. You should be clicking the big yellow Update FNIS behavior button so as to generate the necessary files. Either that or turn FNIS Checker off.

i will just install whatever mod that MO refuse to run manually then :(

i also don't know why it happened i anyway uninstalled it and downloaded another mod and it worked fine

and well about FNIS....it run even if i turn off the checker in the plugins........maybe it's the registry ? that check box i clicked on to make it run whenever it think it need ?

worked and now FNIS give me a another msg says (FNIS source data has been changed, you should run GenerateFNIS.exe now.) even i didn't change anything and i disabled the checker and if run the exe and do the update then close it give me the same msg that showed up in the video i shared exe failed to run.....oh and the msg show up again if i open anything

should i check box as remember choice NO ?

Edited by Goldenmanner

1. MO does not handle mods well that do not have files under the Data folder. For example, i think bodyslide usually makes a folder in the Skyrim folder, 1 directory above the Data folder. MO cannot handle anything in the Skyrim directory i think. So it will say the mod has no valid game data. Best bet is to not use these types of mods via MO.

Umm... nope. Bodyslide creates a folder under Data called CalenteTools which has the body slide exe in it as well as other pertinent data. It doesn't have an esp though, or a meshes or texture folder which is why MO thinks it may be incomplete. Easiest thing is to create a dummy textures folder at the same level of CalenteTools, setting the data directory and then after its installed right clicking and choosing "ignore missing data". Just like you would with any other mod that didn't have a plugin/meshes/textures folder.It doesn't create anything at the Skyrim level, so there shouldn't be any reason why MO can't cope with it. And in fact 1.2.1 works just fine with bodyslide. It's just the 1.2.1 beta that has problems; It launches an isntance of MO to handle the elevation, but that second instance never fully completes. The program stays in the task manager, hanging and Bodyslide never appears. It's rather vexing, and I hope there's a fix when the full version is released.

Just FYI, when it comes to FNIS, I find it much simpler to just head over to the data tab in MO (which shows the virtual data folder), scroll down to tools and run FNIS from there. It's what you would normally do if you were installing FNIS manually or through NMM. I do the same thing when running SUM to generate the ReProccer, ASIS and other dynamic patches.