Disappearing Cobwebs

phryxolydian

Question

I don't know what might me causing this but there are no cobweb textures for some reason.. I use isoku's Intricate Spider Webs mod and it was working fine I think but I must have changed something.. I use MO and it says ISW doesn't conflict with any other mod I have, which is why I find this so odd. Any help would be appreciated!

post-1589-0-75667500-1395515732_thumb.jpg

Hey mate, I moved this to a more appropriate area, the thread you posted in is for when you can see the object but it's become purple because the texture is either missing or corrupt in some way.

Now for the help. Have you tried moving Intricate Spider Webs up or down in your Mod Organizer Priority list (the panel in the left with the mod names and the numbers at the end)?

Hmm, don't think I misunderstood you but perhaps I did.. ISW, overwrites both my Vanilla Optimized textures and Ruins Clutter Improved, it has a lighting and a green plus sign next to it, hence what I said that it isn't being overwritten. Priority number is 220/289 and all subsequent mods have nothing to do with spider webs whatsoever. Still, I've moved it to be 289/289 and webs are still not appearing. I also tried unchecking Ruins Clutter Improved, which has new meshes for spider sacs, but that didn't work either.. sigh..

Yes, it's a similar case, I think. For a moment I got really excited because I thought SPP somehow was missing from my list but alas, it's there. Some of the files from SPP are being overwritten by SMIM, Project Parallax, RW2 and ELFX, which I suppose, is normal. I don't think SPP has a file for the spiderweb and cobweb effects, though. And strangely, it seems that cobwebs are showing up OK but it's the spider webs that surround the sacs that are missing. Really, going into a spider lair without the webs feels completely wrong and stupid and it's very, very annoying!

Edited by phryxolydian

For grins and giggles, have you just tried a completely different texture replacer for spider webs? Just to see what you get?

I use ISW Medium by Isoku...just finished Bleak Falls...there was no shortage of webs. I do have Ruins and Clutter as the only thing overwriting two of the textures (probably by accident)  -just checked, Ruins & Clutter overrides two spidersac dds files, no other conflicts for Intricate Spider Webs by isoku on my install.

OK just tried it and amazingly, NO! I still can't see spiderwebs! What the heck! lol. Cobwebs did change but no spiderwebs.. I liked the cobwebs nonetheless.. Still, ISW was one of the first mods I installed and I've been using it for more than a year and I've always been quite happy with it so I can't get my head around why it has stopped working. Well, I think we can rule out that it's the mod's fault since WEBS didn't fix it either. One step closer to solving this, yay! ..sigh..

OK just tried it and amazingly, NO! I still can't see spiderwebs! What the heck! lol. Cobwebs did change but no spiderwebs.. I liked the cobwebs nonetheless.. Still, ISW was one of the first mods I installed and I've been using it for more than a year and I've always been quite happy with it so I can't get my head around why it has stopped working. Well, I think we can rule out that it's the mod's fault since WEBS didn't fix it either. One step closer to solving this, yay! ..sigh..

OK, what ENB are you using?

Have you tried swapping out to a vanilla Skyrim.ini/SkyrimPrefs.ini?  (just in case some bad tweaks were made...or shader settings.

Edited by Kuldebar

Hey, sorry to be a pain. I realize that spiderwebs are indeed being shown. I started a new game to test out SRO, basically. So I didn't have any other textures, no CoT, no ELFX, not even SMIM. And then when I got to the spider lair in Helgen I made comparison screenshots with vanilla, ISW and WEBS Extended.

I can only now conclude that webs not showing or appearing black is a) an ELFX bug or b) a Predator Vision (used in the 2nd and 4rth pictures) bug. This is what I mean, using WEBS:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9FpRcNIHGLsNXI5VTFFa2kwTWs/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9FpRcNIHGLsMEtGOGgxRVZDWTg/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9FpRcNIHGLsSFY5NnJ5NUljRmM/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9FpRcNIHGLsZkJWNEtWbHN2eFk/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone can verify with ELFX or Predator Vision, I'd be grateful. As a side note, I seriously remember ISW to be much higher quality.. I'm really puzzled why it looks so bad to me now when I used to think they were quite ok before. Specially coming from isoku, who I think is excellent. The only thing I didn't like about WEBS were the sacks but the webs themselves are pretty cool, I think.

Can anyone tell me how they do side comparisons with thumbnails showing in the post? 

Edited by phryxolydian

The problem is most likely not in Isoku's web mod, it's more likely one or all of your lighting related mods. They either, singly or jointly, are not lighting up the textures properly. Perhaps the Predator Vision combination with ELFX is where you should look?

Should be simple to find which one since you have it narrowed down. I don't use Predator Vision or ELFX, so I can't offer any perspective. But, I have had issues in the distant past where some things like semi-transparent object wouldn't show up properly, but that was before I was as methodical about mod usage as I am now.