Mod Organiser and STEP Profiles: am I doing it right?

ElricOfGrans

Question

I am using Mod Organiser for the first time and trying to make best use of it with STEP.  Things are not explained too clearly, however.  I have worked most of the confusion out myself, but one point is still unclear even after searching the forum.

What I have just done is created a new profile called STEP Core.  I have then downloaded and added all the mods from STEP:2.2.8 that have a green bar down the side.  From my understanding, they are the mods that make up STEP:Core.  If I am understanding things correctly, my next step (and I know I have the hardware to do it) is to copy this profile and create a new profile called STEP Extended, then add all the mods that do not have a green bar to it, ensuring they fit into the list in the correct order.  Following this, if I wish to, I can create a copy of STEP Extended to install a STEP:Pack set of mods.

Firstly, is my understanding of STEP:Core and STEP:Extended correct?

Secondly, going into the future, how do all these copied profiles interact as STEP evolves?  For a hypothetical example, say someone creates a new mod called Immersive Sacks and everyone agrees they need their sacks to be more immersive, so this replaces HD Sacks in STEP:Core.  Would I just need to swap out HD Sacks for Immersive Sacks in my STEP Core profile, or do I need to change it in all my copied profiles (eg STEP Core, STEP Extended and STEP Sackpocalipse Pack)?

2 answers to this question