After following the whole guide...

Roger that. I lasted a lot longer than normal without a crash, this time i noticed that my wearable lantern is purple, along with male vampire heads (which is hilarious, yet kind of immersion breaking) and I CTD'd when I was looting a Draugr.

Last couple lines of my log - 

247 150
247 151
247 152
247 153
249 153
255 153

Should I reactivate WAF? it deactivated for the bashed patch.
Edited by FamousDeadGuy

Alright, my .ini's are all in order. I have purple lanterns and purple male vampire faces, and I crash when I scroll too fast in crafting menus. 

Statmonster mentioned my memory patch. I asked Neo about using the .dll from the memory patch and he said to use the default one from SKSE 1.7

SKSE .ini 

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1

Is there something I am doing wrong? How could the memory patch flat-out not work? I need more information... Would re-downloading all of the hi-res stuff in 1k instead of 2k fix this? (even though my video card has more than enough memory) I should also mention that my FNIS patcher gives me a warning..
Edited by FamousDeadGuy

The purple patches mean that you have missing textures, so you will need to try disabling some of your texture mods to figure out which textures are faulty. With the vampire faces I would check better males and mature skin textures as you may have made an error there. The guide tells you to make copies of 2 - 3 face files in each and add the word vampire to them and place them back in the original folder e.g. femalehead.dds becomes femaleheadvampire.dds, the female / male folders should have both the original files and the vampire adjusted files in them.

Try redoing that part of the guide and see if it fixes those. You might need to check SMIM or wearable lanterns for the lantern textures either way if you find which mod has the faulty textures then you can re-install that mod.

Hope this helps.

::):

Edited by Smile44

I am going to try and disable the Flora overhaul in addition to checking on these textures. I am starting to get CTD's in the overworld with the enb off.

Re-installed Wearable Lanterns: Same purple.

Looking into SMIM.

Additional Note: This game hates me.

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

Roger that. I lasted a lot longer than normal without a crash, this time i noticed that my wearable lantern is purple, along with male vampire heads (which is hilarious, yet kind of immersion breaking) and I CTD'd when I was looting a Draugr.Last couple lines of my log - 247 150247 151247 152247 153249 153255 153Should I reactivate WAF? it deactivated for the bashed patch.

Your memory patch is not working. You hit 256 and crashed. The first thing you should do is fix that. Did you instal SKSE correctly and make the correct SKSE.ini file? Did you put it in the right spot? Is it a simple text file?After you get that fixed look for missing textures. Purple means it is not installed, the path is wrong or it's broken in some other way. Find the mesh, open it in Nifskope, look for the texture path and then look in MO data textures to see what's there. Edited by statmonster

oh god, i have to be a big boy and use nifscope. 

So how would one clean install skse? When I say that, I mean do I just follow the guide again? Is this going to cause additional problems of some variety?

Correct.Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Fixed.

Also, statmonster...I reinstalled both wearable lanterns and SMIM, the lantern is still purple. any chance it is a lighting issue? It creates light, but the glass is just purple. On the crafting menu it isn't purple, but when worn, the glass is purple and it makes normal light.

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

Your memory patch is not working. You hit 256 and crashed. The first thing you should do is fix that. Did you instal SKSE correctly and make the correct SKSE.ini file? Did you put it in the right spot? Is it a simple text file?

After you get that fixed look for missing textures. Purple means it is not installed, the path is wrong or it's broken in some other way. Find the mesh, open it in Nifskope, look for the texture path and then look in MO data textures to see what's there.

I installed SKSE correctly. I made a simple text doc and input the settings provided, like I pasted in earlier.

Filepath: Computer/S:/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/ModOrganizer/mods/Skyrim Script Extender/SKSE is where the .ini is located. 

When I run BOSS I get this as well:

• SKSE Version: 0.1.7.0
  • CellStabilizer.dll
  • MemoryBlocksLog.dll Version: 0.1.2.0

Performed a fresh install of SKSE and played for a few minutes. Same stutters and FPS drops. Walk up to helgen to finish my LaL, right before Alduin flies out, I freeze. Memory Block Log.

255 149
256 149
256 150
256 151
256 152

Please tell me what I am doing wrong... I am about to install that program that lets people remote into your computer and pay one of you to take a look. My video card/memory/cpu should be more than enough for this with the ENB off. Is it possible that the .ini for SKSE is in the wrong place?
Edited by FamousDeadGuy

It is clearly not working. The crash at exactly (or just before) 256 shows that. Looks like the location is right. Did you name the file SKSE.ini (remembering the extension .ini and not let it default to .txt)? Did you create it with a plain text editor (such as Notepad), not Word? Are you starting Skyrim through MO using SKSE?

More to the point, are your windows filename extensions enabled? Verify it's not actually SKSE.ini.txt or something silly like that.

It's a notepad file. called SKSE.ini the description says text document. it doesnt have a cog on it, or say configuration file.

More to the point, are your windows filename extensions enabled? Verify it's not actually SKSE.ini.txt or something silly like that.

DAMMIT

SKSE.ini.txt ROFL. Neo knew. HE KNEWWWWWW.I blame windows. Do i need to get Notepad+? 

It is clearly not working. The crash at exactly (or just before) 256 shows that. Looks like the location is right. Did you name the file SKSE.ini (remembering the extension .ini and not let it default to .txt)? Did you create it with a plain text editor (such as Notepad), not Word? Are you starting Skyrim through MO using SKSE?

Yes to all of those. Windows kept the extension and let me name it SKSE.ini without showing the .txt after it. Microsoft wins again. You think this will fix it?

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

FamousDeadGuy, just FYI...

When you want to save a ini file using Notepad as *.ini you need to force notepad to save it as such. If you just type it in the Save field box it will save it as (in our case): SKSE.ini.txt which basically means it is a text document and not an ini file.

In order to force notepad to "accept" an ini file format you need to type in the Save field box: "SKSE.ini" ...quotation marks are necessary. These quotation marks will tell notepad to force-save as per the file type you declare (in our case an ini file)!

Other than that...Notepad++ is always a recommended solution as it is far superior from windows's notepad!

Hope this helps!

• +1 1

I haven't bothered to use notepad++ yet - I never quite get around to doing that.

Go into windows and turn off hide extensions. It's among the stupidest "features" I ever encountered.

One trick us to take any ini, copy it, move it to its new home and then switch the name, delete the contents and copy in your new contents.