CTD when opening Esc menu

Crimson13

Question

I made a topic before about how I CTD when browsing through menu's via merchants and the like. This is a new game and I haven't had those issues but one kinda like it.

In the past 2 times I've played I've only CTD when I hit the Esc key to open the menu to save, it doesn't happen all the time though; not often, but enough.This has been the only repeatable CTD I've pretty much had in this save and I'm at a loss when opening that menu would cause a CTD of all things. The only thing that comes to mind with the menu is SkyUI, but everything else works just fine.

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espFalskaar.esmAemersRefuge.esmWyrmstooth.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmJSwords.esmXFLMain.esmportal2mod.espHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espUnofficial High Resolution Patch.espBrawl Bugs CE.espDBBookBounds.espHearthFire Display Case Fix.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espADS.espAOS.espBWS.espIHSS.espImmersive Sounds - Aural Assortment.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.espAOS_ICS Patch.espCutting Room Floor.espStaticMeshImprovementMod.espStaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.espTradeBarter.espAMatterOfTime.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espBLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.espBring Out Your Dead.espDead Body Collision.espDragonFastTravelRedone.espDual Sheath Redux.espFISS.espImmersive Patrols Merged All.espMoss Rocks.espMoss Rocks_DB.espORM-Arvak.espPilgrimsDelight.espPoint The Way.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espTraps Make Noise.espWetandCold.espWetandCold - Ashes.espWetandCold - Holidays.espDragon Soul Relinquishment.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.espNoxUE2.00.espRaceMenu.espRaceMenuPlugin.espSkyTweak.espUIExtensions.espSkyUI.espiHUD.espArchmageRing00.espBosmerArmorMATY743.espElemental Staves.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espGlass Variants.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espimp_helm.espimp_helm_imp.espimp_helm_dawn.espimp_help_dbrn.espimp_guard_helm.espJSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.espkonahrik_accoutrements.espkonahrik_accoutrements_db.espkonahrik_accoutrements_dpe.espKonahriks Privilege by Edhelsereg.espskyforgedShields.espUnique Uniques.espSmithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espHarvestOverhaul.espHarvestOverhaulCreatures.espLock Overhaul.espAemersRefuge-DG-DB.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espCWIDawnguardPatch.espCWIDragonbornPatch.espGildergreen Regrown.espmore plants all.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.esptowHarvest.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espAchieveThat.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espBook Covers Skyrim.espBook Covers Dawnguard.espBook Covers Hearthfire.espBook Covers Dragonborn.espBCS - CCOR Patch.espBounty Gold.espCivil War Overhaul.espAOS_CWO Patch.espDifferently Ebony.espDistant DetailHF.espFalskaarDawnguard.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espWeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.espParalyze.espPeacefulMudcrabs.espRealistic werewolf speed.espSkyrim Unlimited Rings And Amulets.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espdD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.espEnhancedBlood-ImprovedCombatSounds.espAOS_EBT Patch.espSoul Gems Differ - E.espaMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.espHelgen Reborn.espRavenRockExpanded.espWhiterunAlivePiano.espDawnofWindhelm.espDawnofRiften.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Dragonborn.espELE-Interior Lighting.espELE DG-Interior Lighting.espELE HF-Interior Lighting.espELE DB-Interior Lighting.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espAOS_CoT 3.1 compatibility patch.espClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.espCoT-WeatherPatch.espCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.espCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.espCoT-WeatherPatch_NL3.espBetter Vampires.espPredator Vision.espBrevi_MoonlightTales.espESFCompanions.espWerewolfMastery.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espAOS_DSI Patch.espDynamicPotions.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espDragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.espAOS_DCOd Patch.espABT - Faster Bolts Improved +50%.espABT - Faster Arrows Improved +50%.espABT - Increased Bolts Damage (Vanilla) +50%.espABT - Progressive Damage (with Nord Hero Arrow).espABT - Increased Progressive Damage (with Nord Hero Arrow) +50%.espABT - Recover +35% Arrows and Bolts.espStealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espHeartBreaker.espBeards.espBrows.esp3DNPC.espXFLConfig.espXFLDialogue.espXFLPanel.espXFLPlugins.esp3DNPCEFF.espSlightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.espmoveitLWT.espNonEssentialChildren.espHeight Adjusted Races - Dragonborn.espHeight Adjusted Races - Dawnguard.espHeight Adjusted Races.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espCharGen Morphs.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espethereal_elven_overhaul.espEEO Morphs.espDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.espNo More Glowing Edges.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.espRealisticWaterTwo.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.espAOS_RWT Patch.espAtlas Blackreach.espAtlas Dawnguard.espBarenziahQuestMarkers.espJiubQuestMarkers.espAOS_ADS Patch.espAOS_WetandCold Patch.espCCO_IS-Aural Assortment Patch.espDeath Souls.espPhysicsImpactDamageFix.espSTEP Core Patch.espBashed Patch, 0.espSUM.esp

3 answers to this question

Did you run Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skryim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa or Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa through BSAOpt or DDSOpt? If so, restore them and post back. They shouldn't be ran through these optimizations. I once ran Skyrim - VoicesExtra,bsa through BSAOpt and the game would CTD every time I hit the run key. Weird because it had nothing to do with the controls! But when i restored that file everything was back to normal.

So far it hasn't happened since I put down this topic. I have little idea why it started or stopped honestly but I'm happy to say that I haven't had this problem since I posted this topic, which is funny in a irritating sort of way.

And let's hope that somehow I didn't jinx it by putting down that I haven't had the problem, because knowing my luck it'll come back and hit me even harder,