ALT_F4 SKSE plugin leaving some sort of report in MO overwrite folder?

DoYouEvenModBro

Question

The mod that the SKSE report pertains to is the SKSE-Elys-AltF4 mod under fixes.

This happens whenever Skyrim is closed. Is this normal? Can I just delete it each time?

The file says:

Plugin name: SKSE_Elys_AltF4

Plugin version: 1.0.0.0

Plugin path: C:\Games\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\

SKSE version: 1.7.0.0

Game version: 1.9.32.0

Plugin enabled. Starting hooks sequence...

Installing hook for: DirectInput8Create

Original Opcodes: 8BFF558BEC81EC30

Hook installed for: DirectInput8Create

Installing hook for: DirectInput8.CreateDevice

Original Opcodes: 8BFF558BEC568B75

Hook installed for: DirectInput8.CreateDevice

Installing hook for: DirectInputDevice8.SetCooperativeLevel

Original Opcodes: 8BFF558BEC538B5D

Hook installed for: DirectInputDevice8.SetCooperativeLevel

10 answers to this question

Yeah having a log is normal. You can right click the overwrite in MO and create a mod named SKSE logs if you want to keep the overwrite folder empty.

If I do that, it'll automatically write to that 'mod'? I'm assuming it HAS to be called 'SKSE logs'? Or if I create a mod from the log, it'll just know to write to that instead of the overwrite section, regardless of what I name the mod?

nonono, it can be any name for the mod. As long as MO finds an old version of the log in any of your mods, it'll replace that version instead of creating a new one in the overwrite folder.

I only said to name it skse logs as an example.

Ok great. I had the same question about Safety Load. It was doing that so I removed it. I want to add it back in though. For some reason, Safety Load actually fixed the game for me before the Memory Patch 3.0 came out. I was combining them before and getting no freezes/ILS/CTDs AT ALL. Now with only the memory patch 3.0, I'm still getting problems. 

For this and any other SKSE plugin log files, I recommend you move the associated logs back to the associated mod's folder and not delete them. This way you won't have to continually be emptying Overwrite of all these logs. When you move the log files to their mod files, it will write the log directly to the file and not generate one in Overwrite.

For this and any other SKSE plugin log files' date=' I recommend you move the associated logs back to the associated mod's folder and not delete them. This way you won't have to continually be emptying Overwrite of all these logs. When you move the log files to their mod files, it will write the log directly to the file and not generate one in Overwrite.[/quote']

How do I do that? By doing what was just suggested above? Or by opening explorer, taking the 'overwrites' log, and dropping it into the corresponding mod? 

Sorry to ask a question in this thread but It's related.

I had the exact same problem with the ALT F4 plugin (and thanks to this post now I know what do do from now on with log files)

But I have a question regarding SKSE:

I installed SKSE manually and not using mod organizer. is that optimal? or should I use mod organizer to install it?

Sorry to ask a question in this thread but It's related.

I had the exact same problem with the ALT F4 plugin (and thanks to this post now I know what do do from now on with log files)

But I have a question regarding SKSE:

I installed SKSE manually and not using mod organizer. is that optimal? or should I use mod organizer to install it?

I'm sure one of the mods would be able to answer this better than me, but I think it is okay to do either way.