potential mod order problem?

Synixtrix

Question

9 answers to this question

hi - i just reinstalled skyrim/step 2.2.8, i got to part 3, after installing all mods in order. MO is throwing up a warning about a "potential mod order problem". Is this really a problem?

You probably have installed something that requires another mod in a different section. You can uncheck any plugin with the red exclamation if you want to start skyrim for a benchmark or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it seems to have an issue with my mod load order not the plugin order.

its the red exclamation mark beside the update icon at top right of MO

to resolve it, it tells me:

The conflict resolution order for some mods with scripts differs from the corresponding esp. This can lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods. The following changes should fix the issue:

Move RaceMenu after Traps Make Noise

Move When Vampires Attack after RaceMenu

Move Non-Essential Children after Follower Trap Safety

if i reorder them as asked the warning disappears, but then the mods are out of STEP order.

any ideas?

Hey, thanks for all the prompt answers to my queries.

I finished my STEP install, added the Weather Pack

with an ENB, added a few other mods I enjoy.

Thanks for your effort, awesome results.

I have use STEP since it started ,having found this

guide on Nexus the day I got Skyrim, so I have never

played vanilla Skyrim, so this guide is my Skyrim

experience.

Thanks again for all you do,I am looking forward to

some long hours of exploration.

I have the same issue as Synixtrix had, but not with a pure STEP install. And now the question arises. How can there be issues with mods that don't even overwrite each other? For example Mod Organizer tells me to load "Traps Make Noise More Dangerous Traps" after "Clothing and Clutter Fixes" but these mods don't even have the same scripts in their installation folder. So how do they interfere with each other? The esp load order is setup correctly by BOSS btw.

And one more thing, I forwarded some USKP changes to "Interesting NPCs" with Tes5Edit in Mod Organizer (3DNPC.esp), but after closing Tes5Edit and saving the changes beforehand mod organizer decides to put the file into the overwrite folder. It never did that with other mod files. This is the first time that happened. Is there any explanation for this behaviour or a way to avoid having mod organizer auto placing esps into the overwrite folder?

In hope for an answer, blattgeist

Edited by blattgeist