Random as hell....Can't play until this is fixed!

7hr08ik

Question

OK so history...

Fully working installation os Skyrim......many mods.....ENB fully working.....

Recent update to SKSE.....many mods updated.....

Start new game from scratch and everything working fine.....a few crashes, so decide to re-install Retail Legendary Edition again to ensure clean game......All mod working through Mod Organizer so no need to do anything with that.

Start new game and wierd ENB effects. The entire screen is brown, and i have letterbox effect....which was NOT active ever...im using E ENB.

Posted Image

Yes, this is the first room of the opening scene. Hadvar is actually stood in the background :)

Posted Image

This is deffinately an ENB issue, coz if I hit Shift+F12 the ENB turns off and the screen returns to normal vanilla. If i turn ENB on again, i get the same issue

E ENB is a fantasy style enb. Saturated colours and absolutely NO letterbox. Its never had it i dont want it.

I installed Realvision and it was exactly the same. So I checked and re-installed the enb and the .dll file from the enb website. I changed nothign in the .ini's and loaded the game the same thing. So i re-installed GPU driver...latest NON-BETA from nvidia 322.21

I dewffinately have the correct version of .dll and ENB files. enb helper is included in the E ENB download so is enbhost.exe. I am running with ewi's ini files and its also his ENB. floatpointrender etc etc are all set correctly. The only thing i have done between ENB working and NOT, is that i reinstalled my legendary edition.

So what the hell is going on? I feel like i've forgotten to put a file somewhere or something. But i really haven't. dll is there, enbhost is there, enbhelper is there. all the required files are there. Its the exact same files as was there when it worked.

3 answers to this question

Letterbox grain etc... can only be enabled via the .fx files (and effect.txt). So you clearly must have one where it is activated. Remove all the ENB related files and manually copy in the files back in again.... none of that enb manager .. meh stuff.

It cannot be anything other then that... Assuming you do not have a weird hidden SweetFX profile laying around as well.

I have already done that

As i have said i re-downloaded the files and re-installed them all. And i still have this problem.

The only thing that has changed between working and not working is that i re-installed Legendary edition

However...

I do use ENB Manager....and i turned off the ENB profile and there were a couple of random SweetFX files remaining.....

I have no idea where they came from, but removed them, applied the ENB and BANG!!! Working fine.

That was by far the easiest Skyrim issue i have ever fixed.....Now to hope my setup is stable and playable........speedmult here i come :P