Moving MO installation folder

PlanetExp

Question

I'm guilty of installing MO inside /program files and like to move it since the UAC is getting on my nerves. What's the best practice for doing so without having to redo mod orders/activations etc? Without screwing up any windows registry flags.

Thanks

Fred

4 answers to this question

I'm guilty of installing MO inside /program files and like to move it since the UAC is getting on my nerves. What's the best practice for doing so without having to redo mod orders/activations etc? Without screwing up any windows registry flags.

Thanks

Fred

I did this a couple of days ago. Picking up the entire folder works pretty well. Check the .inis in the Mod Organizer directory for links back to your Mod Organizer directory -- there's one for NMM that needs to be re-registered after you change it. Just run the NXM exe for that.

Couldn't find any registry keys, it was only Mod Organizer I wanted to move. It was like Sakedo said: I worked just moving the folder out of there, then I edited nxmhanders.ini and ModOrganizer.ini to point to the new directory. Worked like a charm.

Could be an idea to put a note or something on the Mod Organizer guide. Guess this is solved.

Thank you!

Fred