Razer Game Booster

xExekut3x

• 1 month later...

Looks like another piece of **** "optimizer", sorry for swearing but damn I hate 'em! When somewhere in 2006 I had a very shitty PC (something like Celeron 1.7 GHz, 1 GB RAM and Radeon 9550) I was hoping to play Oblivion on it (I actually played, but on very low settings and with an ugly FPS) - I have tried dozens of that kind of "optimizers" and none of them helped a bit.

Shame that Razer makes such software... next time they'll make a registry cleaner LOL (that thing doesn't help you, I swear)

Besides, software from hadrware manufacturers is always ugly and useless.

What I see it does is completely useless unless you have something like a 1-core Celeron processor, 1 GB of RAM and an old 5400 RPM hard drive. Then it might give you a bit of help, but it won't save you anyway.

The main feature what it does is it frees some RAM - but in case your system's low on RAM, system processes (including Explorer.exe) will just be written to page file and RAM will be freed, without the need of any additional software.

The "High Performance" power scheme also won't help... as far as I understand it may force CPU to work at maximum frequency all the time. But if the CPU is under high load all the time that it will work at maximum frequency. Theoretically there may be some minor delays of switching CPU, but I doubt that would be noticeable :\

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that the Game Booster features don't amount to much, however the RAZER Synapse program that configures their controllers (like the Nostromo keypad & thumbstick that I use with a trackball mouse to play Skyrim & everything else) is really nice. It saves controller configurations online (so it works on multiple pcs updating my config changes in realtime) and switches profiles automatically (so I don't have to remember to re config when I set aside Skyrim & dust off FNV for an afternoon). Really, I just adore that Nostromo gamepad partnered with a trackball!