How set the Installation Order?

ytsejam20

Question

Hi, I'm at this stage in the WIKI https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Wrye_Bash#tab=Installing_Mods but I do not  understand it, I just installed my mods as explained and renommer_BAIN, but I would like to "Set the Installation Order" as the link explains,

Posted Image

As you can see I have mods non-step

Now i would like to set this installation order, but i dont understand this:

1 Click on the "Packages" column header to sort by package name. This will organize the mods according to the STEP Guide sections (if the packages have been named according to the Guide Section codes).

2 Multi-select the first (top) group of packages (Section D in this example), right click the highlighted selection, and select "Move To". Enter '0' if it is not already entered and select [OK] (see Figure 9). The package list will not change, since BAIN is set to order by package name; however, the order numbers will change.

3 Select Section E packages, and repeat the previous step, but this time, enter into the "Move To" dialogue the number equal to 1 + the highest Section D "Order" number. Repeat this process for all Section groups.

4 Left click on the ""Order" header to sort by package order. The new sort should cause a slight change in the package list order, but only within groups. Check to be certain that packages are now both ordered by increasing ""Order" number as well as that the package name groups are also in order (this is the STEP default, aside from a few exceptions as indicated by the order presented in the STEP Guide). If they are not, simply right click on the misbehaving package, and "Move To" a position within its respective group and in that group's Order" range.

5 Once the installation order has been correctly set, the package list--when sorted on the [Order] column--should resemble Figure 10 (but for a few of the exceptions in the lower part of Section D).

I would like to get help please, thank you. 

8 answers to this question

ok thank you,i only use a STEP mods for good performance and it's good. Question 2, I have some yellow square, and i don't know how to solve it, i moved a lot of them to try but they always stay or some time a couple turn green but no more. I would like to have a perfect Bash, is it possible or the yellow square is not important?

mini_186878WryeBash1.png[/img]

Here it's my conflicts than i try to solve before to continue of installing others mods. is it possible to solve it or not? 

Those yellow conflicts don't need to be messed with unless you want the hassle of going through each mod archive. When Wyre Bash shows conflicts with mods it is the files in the archives not with the files in the DATA folder that they will install too. When you install mods the conflicted files do not get installed by WB and only to lowest file gets chosen.

ok, if i anderstand, the yellow sqare ticked is not so bad?, Bash will install the only file with no conflicts?  Example: if we take SMIM and Skyrim HD Lite v1_5 Town we have conflicts, so SMIM don't overwrite the files conflicts but it will install all the rest? is it that?