CoT&RLO --> No CoT&ELFX

Glanzer

Question

12 answers to this question

To be honest I don't think he's sold one way or the other on CoT right now. I don't know how Unreal looks with CoT so that may be one reason. If you can't live without it don't use the ENB in the guide (or maybe it looks ok) and don't follow the guide 100% which if you're using either Skyrim Revisited or SR:LE then you should be able to make those decisions yourself. Also the guide is not even in an alpha test state so he doesn't even have all of the mods in the guide yet. Be patient, Neo is sort of a one man army.

OK, thanks for the answers. Actually I planned to use Project ENB for CoT 3.1 anyway (not Unreal ENB). And I'm deviating a lot from the SR:LE mods anyway. For example, I'm using a nearly full install of TCP (texture pack combiner) instead of individually installing dozens of textures mods. I'm also using AFT not EFF. Many other changes. Basically I'm sort of using his guide as a sanity check and learning experience to do my complete scrub and reinstall. I plan to use the mods I've already tested and liked. His guide is especially helpful on all the cleaning, MO configuration, special handling, and lots of other stuff.

As far as sounds, I don't use CoT sounds but I do add a lot of sound stuff, though some of them simply override the original sound file which is safe.

SoS: everything

Improved Combat Sounds

Ultra Realistic Bow/Crossbow Shoot Sounds

Better Horse Pain Sounds

Improved Horse Step Sounds

Less Bitchy Lydia :-)

Khajiit Speak - Complete Dialogue Overhaul

Fantasy Music Overhaul

I found that CoT screwed with the grass from SFO, at least around Whiterun. Some grass textures got way too dark compared to the ground texture.

I'm currently using vanilla lighting outside, with elfx exteriors, and a heavily tweaked realvision.

It is a common bug in CoT. Since it has some odd ambient lighting values, and grass is only affected by ambient lighting, and not direct.

ENB can fix this to some degree since it can alter the ambient and direct values. But since there are quite a few bugs in relation to this it is always going to be present.

Since you are using realvision then also try to use the new CoT Weather patch, which fixes most of these bugs for ENB use.