Hearthfire No House

MisterCreazil

Question

So I went through the steps for 2.2.6 didn't have any problems with the install, havent noticed any bugs until now.

After purchasing my plot of land and building the house, no house shows up. I've tried it at all three locations and same problem, I build the house at the table, but nothing ever shows up. Is this a known problem? or did I install something wrong? I searched the forums and didn't see anyone reporting the same issue.

Sounds odd that bethesda would leave a bug like that on the console version.... Considering that it would kinda make the whole DLC more or less unplayable.

But never seen the issue before so let us know what you dig up!

I haven't seen it either but then again I've 1. Only had the DLC's for about a week and 2. only tried and completed a house in Falkreath. You should try cleaning all of those mods in your BOSS log that say they have dirty edits I would guess your game is getting confused by all of the duplicate entries.

Also a shot in the dark try removing the Portal space mod as it may have a drop zone conflict with Hearthfire or something causing the game renderer to bug (does it always fall in the same spot or...).

Same for me. Any chance you were using an older version of skytest on this save before? Maybe some sort of save corruption. Reload a save before you bought the property and see whether that helps. Other than that, i'ld try using unoptimized bsas for troubleshooting.

I was having the same issue with the Morthal house which I eventually discovered was due to installing the latest version (v5) of the Unique Region Names mod, which isn't compatible with Hearthfire. Switching to v3 fixed the issue.

I can confirm this: Unique Region Names v5 (the latest) will prevent the house in the Pale from being built.

The problem with Unique Region Names (and a number of other mods that affected the region names) is that it wasn't built for Hearthfires and doesn't include the region names added by Hearthfires. They are very easy to add; I added them to my game a long time ago.

The problem with Unique Region Names (and a number of other mods that affected the region names) is that it wasn't built for Hearthfires and doesn't include the region names added by Hearthfires. They are very easy to add; I added them to my game a long time ago.

Is this process (adding the names) outlined in the Wiki?  If so, I may add them as well.