Characters are too big

nubkratos

Question

Hi,

I have installed all mods of STEP

it works very well, but I am having a problem with character size. They are way too big, even if i modify the size with race menu.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Someone had this problem before? Thank you for your help

11 answers to this question

Only if I manually select that size in the character creation using RaceMenu.

Strange if it does it by itself. You can always try to use the console to get the character creation window up again and then try to lower the height again.

It is showracemenu in the console if I recall correctly.

i'm having the exact same issue as the OP. did you ever figure this out? i have tried adjusting the FOV and removing the INI tweak for Camera. also while in 1st person and trying to move forward my character instantly looks to the sky. i have followed the guide 100% and have no other mods installed. i have a brand new Skyrim install as well.

I ran into this exact issue and solved it by removing Dual Sheath Redux, Maximum Skeleton, and New Idles. I'm not exactly sure which one was causing it, but considering they are kind of all dependent on each other I just went ahead and removed all of them.

I'm assuming there is an error with the way the patcher(s) are working with MO. I added both New Idles and Dual Sheath Redux patchers to MO and ran them both successfully but it didn't make a difference so I don't know. These aren't very important mods for me so I don't really care, but one of those mods (or all of them) are causing OP's issue.

We will have to redo the directions for installing these mods, and maybe even add a picture guide to the wiki page of these mods so that people have an easier time with them. I know what I'm doing with all these mods now, but I admit that I was a bit lost the first few times I tried to install them, took quite a bit of trial and error.

i think this may be the same problem i had under the post about 1st person view not working correctly. the issue was with the Maximum Skeleton install. i used NMM and there was a prompt during the install asking if i had Joy of Perspective installed. i clicked "yes". after troubleshooting here on the forum it was suggested that Maximum Skeleton might be the issue. i uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. i then re-installed and selected "no" (as i should have initially) for the question about using Joy of Perspective. everything works perfect now.