Question

Ok, I run an Alienware M18X:

gen2 i7

Windows 7 Pro

16GB RAM (1666mHz)

2x 2GB nVidia GTX 580M (I run them SLI)

Running 1920x1080

7200RPM HHDs in RAID 0

I've done the clean install and backed it up from Steam and downloaded all the Baseline mods

I use Mod Organizer, BOSS, SKE, and TES5Edit for cleaning whatever BOSS says to.  After each section I run BOSS and clean anything it says to with TES5Edit then I launch with SKE and if the main menu comes up I exit and install the next set of mods.

My issue is the past couple days I've been stuck getting a CTD in the 2.J set of mods.  With the 2.2.1 lineup I was 98% sure my issue was Enhanced Projectile Soul Trap.  With the new 2.2.5 lineup I have no idea what the issue could be.  The only mods I've added on my own outside of the S.T.E.P. lineup are Crossbows Basic Collection, and Immersive Armors, XCE Warpaints, and XCE Beast Tints.  I also want to use Deadly Dragons and Apocalypse magic mod, but not sure where to load them at, I'm thinking the last set of mods.  Can anyone possibly shed light on my dilemma?

I haven't optimized any textures because it looked like too much work and I feel my system can handle the baseline pretty well since I first tried S.T.E.P. with the highest possible resolution textures and was getting 35-60fps.

I also have SkyRealism Vibrant ENB installed.

Thanks for any assistance

12 answers to this question

The easiest way to check for missing masters is to use TES5Edit - simply install that, run the EXE, and at the load order screen, just hit OK. If TES5Edit gives a error, it should show you which mod caused it. If it's Enhanced Projectile Soul Trap causing it, remember to use Acquistive Soul Gems, or you will get a CTD on load.

Bash tags from BOSS can be safely ignored (i never mess with them). My suggestion would be to disable the mods from 2.J one by one, since you've narrowed it down to that section, until your CTD disappears. Then you'll know for sure which mod is causing it for you and we can better focus on the "why" and "how to fix".

Thanks Williamlmm, running the full list in TES5Edit said I was missing the main Enhanced Blood esp. So I'm guessing to get the baseline for that mod I would have to download and install the main file, the overwrite the textures with the 1024 baseline ones. I just loaded the main file and left it (also installing the blurry and dawnguard files) and everything loaded properly.

My issue is the past couple days I've been stuck getting a CTD in the 2.J set of mods.  With the 2.2.1 lineup I was 98% sure my issue was Enhanced Projectile Soul Trap.  With the new 2.2.5 lineup I have no idea what the issue could be.  The only mods I've added on my own outside of the S.T.E.P. lineup are Crossbows Basic Collection, and Immersive Armors, XCE Warpaints, and XCE Beast Tints.  I also want to use Deadly Dragons and Apocalypse magic mod, but not sure where to load them at, I'm thinking the last set of mods.  Can anyone possibly shed light on my dilemma?

Just as a side note - Basic Crossbow Collection needs to be instaled before Closer Quivers mod.

Marking the thread as Solved.

Can I just remove and reinstall those two or do I need to remove all mods in between?

You don't need to remove anything from MO, just untick (i.e. uninstall) all the mods AFTER Closer Quivers, then move Basic Crossbow Collection before CQ, and tick (i.e. install) everything, as normal - you'll see CQ overwriting some files from BCC, which is necessary for those two mods to work correctly together.

And where would you suggest I install deadly dragons in relation to Bellyache's Dragons and the Apacolypse Magic mod?

I install Deadly Dragons after full STEP install and did not come across any problems so far. Guess the same would be true for Apocalypse mod, but I cannot vouch for that.