8 hours ago, sheson said:

All the uploads are the same file, because the data file ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt that is created by DynDOLOD when generating the LOD patch does not change, even when running the game.

In any case I can now compare file between in the 2 outputs.

Now lets do this:
set debug=true and add debuglevel=5 in each ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt of the old and new output.
Install and use latest DynDOLOD DLL Alpha-30, with both old and new output.
Start the game, coc WhiterunDrunkenHuntsman and go through the gate for both old and new outpout.
Between switching old and new output rename/upload C:\Users\ROG\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log accordingly for the 2 tests.

Hello sheson,

DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt - this is correct?

[Config]
bunchofnumbers=0N3O4S3E7H5S88O5T8T1I5M3B2U4S2
esmplugin=dyndolod.esm
espplugin=dyndolod.esp
glowmultiple=1.75
neargrid=11
fargrid=21
debug=true
debuglevel=5
[Worlds]
tamriel
dlc2solstheimworld
dlc01soulcairn
dlc2apocryphaworld
skuldafnworld
sovngarde
deepwoodredoubtworld
dlc1hunterhqworld
dlc01falmervalley
japhetsfollyworld
blackreach

Old Output
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gijl7kcy1j0yzb8/Dyn_171_DLL_NG_30_DynDOLOD.log/file
New Output
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zx0gxd0hbs2uzo5/Dyn_173_DLL_NG_30_DynDOLOD.log/file

Something else I noticed, at first I thought I was imaging this. On the Old Config it only takes 5 seconds to go through the gate. On the New Config it is twice as long, 10-13 seconds, it will vary, and I've been noticing this for several hours, it's always twice as long. It's as though this is also introducing a lag.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, mooit said:

Hello sheson,

DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt - this is correct?

[Config]
bunchofnumbers=0N3O4S3E7H5S88O5T8T1I5M3B2U4S2
esmplugin=dyndolod.esm
espplugin=dyndolod.esp
glowmultiple=1.75
neargrid=11
fargrid=21
debug=true
debuglevel=5
[Worlds]
tamriel
dlc2solstheimworld
dlc01soulcairn
dlc2apocryphaworld
skuldafnworld
sovngarde
deepwoodredoubtworld
dlc1hunterhqworld
dlc01falmervalley
japhetsfollyworld
blackreach

Old Output
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gijl7kcy1j0yzb8/Dyn_171_DLL_NG_30_DynDOLOD.log/file
New Output
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zx0gxd0hbs2uzo5/Dyn_173_DLL_NG_30_DynDOLOD.log/file

Something else I noticed, at first I thought I was imaging this. On the Old Config it only takes 5 seconds to go through the gate. On the New Config it is twice as long, 10-13 seconds, it will vary, and I've been noticing this for several hours, it's always twice as long. It's as though this is also introducing a lag.

THANKS

The changed load order resulted in a different DynDOLOD output. Whatever changed in the load order between generation may cause directly or indirectly more work/longer loading times. For example, the number of cells requiring large reference bugs workarounds seemed to have more than doubled from 299 to 678. The work in DynDOLOD DLL NG is done on thread independent from the mainthread loading things, which is one of the reasons you actually see what you are seeing.

The video you uploaded earlier shows a loading time fade to/from black of under 5 seconds. Restore whatever config changes you did for testing, including turning off debug.

Replace DynDOLOD.DLL with this test version and check if you no longer see the LOD loading in https://mega.nz/file/ABIy2aAY#29GWeeITWeJlf_S_3kFVJVctEKsZBh2lwnH6GvB0dhU

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The changed load order resulted in a different DynDOLOD output. Whatever changed in the load order between generation may cause directly or indirectly more work/longer loading times. For example, the number of cells requiring large reference bugs workarounds seemed to have more than doubled from 299 to 678. The work in DynDOLOD DLL NG is done on thread independent from the mainthread loading things, which is one of the reasons you actually see what you are seeing.

The video you uploaded earlier shows a loading time fade to/from black of under 5 seconds. Restore whatever config changes you did for testing, including turning off debug.

Replace DynDOLOD.DLL with this test version and check if you no longer see the LOD loading in https://mega.nz/file/ABIy2aAY#29GWeeITWeJlf_S_3kFVJVctEKsZBh2lwnH6GvB0dhU

Hi sheson,

Ok...

Thanks

Edited by mooit

10 minutes ago, mooit said:

Hi sheson,

I accidentally deleted my new load output from xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD, so I needed to rerun them all over.

I'm assuming I'm placing this DynDOLOD.DLL in \Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\plugins?

So when I tried to do this with DynDOLOD.DLL and DynDOLOD.pdb I get a popup from DynDOLOD; Wrong papyrus scripts.

dF9b4p9.jpg

Use the Copy message to clipboard and paste the text instead of posting screenshots of text. See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Copy-and-Paste-Text

Obviously keep the existing scripts from DynDOLOD DLL NG and Script Alpha-30 and only replace the DynDOLOD.DLL and .PDB in the ..\SKSE\Plugins\ folder with the test version to check if it makes a difference.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Use the Copy message to clipboard and paste the text instead of posting screenshots of text. See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Copy-and-Paste-Text

Obviously keep the existing scripts from DynDOLOD DLL NG and Script Alpha-30 and only replace the DynDOLOD.DLL and .PDB in the ..\SKSE\Plugins\ folder with the test version to check if it makes a difference.

Unfortunately I accidentally deleted my new load output, so I'm remaking them over.

Sorry about the screen shot...

I am not seeing any issues at the moment with the Test DLL, it's looking better, but I haven't had the time to test it long enough. I will test more later and get back to you. But for the time I tested it, I posted a DynDOLOD log.

In regards to the video I posted showing 5 seconds through the gate, occasionally the time is ok, most of the time it's not, and using this Test DLL, if that's the issue, 10 minutes of testing running in and out the gate, every time was 10-13 seconds. Something has changed, because it was always around 5 seconds before, now it's twice as long.

Here's the new output 173 with the test DLL, with the debug off.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g7lhvpo3ckz9m3t/Dyn_173_Test_DLL_DynDOLOD.log/file

THANKS

Edited by mooit

7 hours ago, mooit said:

Unfortunately I accidentally deleted my new load output, so I'm remaking them over.

Sorry about the screen shot...

I am not seeing any issues at the moment with the Test DLL, it's looking better, but I haven't had the time to test it long enough. I will test more later and get back to you. But for the time I tested it, I posted a DynDOLOD log.

In regards to the video I posted showing 5 seconds through the gate, occasionally the time is ok, most of the time it's not, and using this Test DLL, if that's the issue, 10 minutes of testing running in and out the gate, every time was 10-13 seconds. Something has changed, because it was always around 5 seconds before, now it's twice as long.

Here's the new output 173 with the test DLL, with the debug off.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g7lhvpo3ckz9m3t/Dyn_173_Test_DLL_DynDOLOD.log/file

THANKS

Since you generated new output, did you verify the LOD issue still happens with Alpha-30 or older?
The log looks like you loaded a not cleaned save again.

If debug=true/false does not affect times (it shouldn't really anyhow), it seems to be unrelated to DynDOLOD.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Since you generated new output, did you verify the LOD issue still happens with Alpha-30 or older?
The log looks like you loaded a not cleaned save again.

If debug=true/false does not affect times (it shouldn't really anyhow), it seems to be unrelated to DynDOLOD.

Hi sheson,

I used the test dll with Alpha 30 as you mentioned...

The game save was the new game I created.

On Alpha 173 with DLL Alpha 30 using the Test DLL, I do not see this issue, it looks like it has corrected the problem. I do have other issues to work on, and I will just be sticking around Whiterun doing these other modding chores, and if I happen to see it again, I will reply back.

All I know is, the only thing I changed when I started to notice the increase in wait times through the gate was upgrading DynDOLOD to 173. After adding in the test dll to Alpha 30, yesterday the wait times through the gate were still twice the time. Now today, it only happened a few times, and the majority of times it went back to 5 seconds. So I really don't get why it changes like this at times, because in the past I never saw this, and since the beginning of the year, I have been modding daily at Whiterun. 95% of my modding for the past year has only been at Whiterun, I've run in and out of that gate hundreds of times, possibly a thousand, and when I saw the change, I noticed it.

Oh well, I guess the game can have a mind of it's own sometimes... hmm

THANKS

Edited by mooit

5 hours ago, mooit said:

Hi sheson,

I used the test dll with Alpha 30 as you mentioned...

The game save was the new game I created.

On Alpha 173 with DLL Alpha 30 using the Test DLL, I do not see this issue, it looks like it has corrected the problem. I do have other issues to work on, and I will just be sticking around Whiterun doing these other modding chores, and if I happen to see it again, I will reply back.

All I know is, the only thing I changed when I started to notice the increase in wait times through the gate was upgrading DynDOLOD to 173. After adding in the test dll to Alpha 30, yesterday the wait times through the gate were still twice the time. Now today, it only happened a few times, and the majority of times it went back to 5 seconds. So I really don't get why it changes like this at times, because in the past I never saw this, and since the beginning of the year, I have been modding daily at Whiterun. 95% of my modding for the past year has only been at Whiterun, I've run in and out of that gate hundreds of times, possibly a thousand, and when I saw the change, I noticed it.

Oh well, I guess the game can have a mind of it's own sometimes... hmm

THANKS

It looks like there have been plenty of other changes in the load between old and new output.
It seems you made further changes in the load order that rectified whatever caused seeing the LOD loading in late, too.

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

It looks like there have been plenty of other changes in the load between old and new output.
It seems you made further changes in the load order that rectified whatever caused seeing the LOD loading in late, too.

It was quite late when I was playing with this, but I could of sworn to make sure to keep the testing accurate, looking back, all I remember is changing the DynDOLOD DLL versions between the outputs.

But since I deleted my new outputs by mistake, all I recall next, I re created over the grass cache, xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD. On my end, seeing the changes with only the DynDOLOD DLL versions seemed to be the issue. DLL 27, 29,30 always showed the enviroment popping in, the Test DLL didn't.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

• 3 weeks later...

Some waited for it, i have this version. Here's the test result for Skyrim SE GOG 1.6.1179, have installed latest Alpha-31 (Nexus) Dyndolod DLL NG

Loading configuration files
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_skyrimesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_alpha_skyrimesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_skyrimesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_dawnguardesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_dawnguardesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_dragonbornesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_dragonbornesm.txt
PapyrusUtil DLL: D:\Program Files\GOG Galaxy\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\\SKSE\Plugins\PapyrusUtil.DLL, Version: 4.6, Game Version: 1.6.1179, Date: 2024-02-26 23:10:49
Error: Wrong version of DynDOLOD DLL NG Make sure to install the correct version of DynDOLOD DLL NG for the runtime . 

TexGen 3.0 Alpha-173x64

Dunmermage

2 hours ago, Dunmermage said:

Some waited for it, i have this version. Here's the test result for Skyrim SE GOG 1.6.1179, have installed latest Alpha-31 (Nexus) Dyndolod DLL NG

Loading configuration files
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_skyrimesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_alpha_skyrimesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_skyrimesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_dawnguardesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_dawnguardesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_dragonbornesm.txt
    D:\Program Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_dragonbornesm.txt
PapyrusUtil DLL: D:\Program Files\GOG Galaxy\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\\SKSE\Plugins\PapyrusUtil.DLL, Version: 4.6, Game Version: 1.6.1179, Date: 2024-02-26 23:10:49
Error: Wrong version of DynDOLOD DLL NG Make sure to install the correct version of DynDOLOD DLL NG for the runtime . 

TexGen 3.0 Alpha-173x64

Dunmermage

Who waited for what?

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire TexGen log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\. Ensure that the directory structure is preserved. See Updating how to update existing installation and save games.
... See Skyrim Special Edition GOG / Skyrim Anniversary Edition GOG in case the GOG version of the game is used. ...

Read https://dyndolod.info#Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOG or https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOG how to properly start the tools with the appropriate command line arguments:
Use the -m, -p and -d command line arguments to set the INI, plugins.txt and Data paths when starting the tools. For example:
-m:"c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\"
-p:"c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt"
-d:"c:\GOG Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Data\"

Sorry for inquiring about an issue without posting dyndolod logs as they were lost. But I wanna ask if you're aware of a ctd that happens on reloading saves after playing a while? Some guy at reddit with the exact same logs says it's dyndolod dll NG but that thread is 6 months old. He fixed it by using an old dyndolod DLL or something like that, but I can't find it nor do I know which version of Dyndolod should I use with it? This is the thread

EDIT: I reverted my DLL NG to 3.0 Alpha 27.1 and the issue seems to be gone, 2 hours of gameplay without crashing on load whatsoever..

Crash_2024_6_12_12-7-49.txt

6 hours ago, mostwanted11 said:

Sorry for inquiring about an issue without posting dyndolod logs as they were lost. But I wanna ask if you're aware of a ctd that happens on reloading saves after playing a while? Some guy at reddit with the exact same logs says it's dyndolod dll NG but that thread is 6 months old. He fixed it by using an old dyndolod DLL or something like that, but I can't find it nor do I know which version of Dyndolod should I use with it? This is the thread

EDIT: I reverted my DLL NG to 3.0 Alpha 27.1 and the issue seems to be gone, 2 hours of gameplay without crashing on load whatsoever..

Crash_2024_6_12_12-7-49.txt 73.46 kB · 1 download

Moved to the DynDOLOD DLL thread.

https://dyndolod.info
Always use the latest versions. ... Using the latest version and providing feedback or reporting problems is a requirement to participate in the alpha test. ... Participating in the alpha test requires to report any problems to the official DynDOLOD support forum.

I suggest to ignore useless posts on reddit from people that do not troubleshoot and do not report the issue and then use DynDOLOD DLL SE instead of DynDOLOD DLL NG to simply ignore the issue. This is not how things are solved and done.

The crash log seems to indicate an issue with animation, OpenAnimationReplacer.dll, maybe TrueDirectionalMovement.dll and the PlayerCharacter.
The crash log only lists that a DynDOLOD DLL is loaded. There is no other mention of DynDOLOD at all, not even a DynDOLOD.esm, or DynDOLOD.esp are being loaded. In that state the DLL alone is not really doing much.

Install Crash logger. Disable the Framework crash log by setting Debug.CrashLog.Enabled = 0 in NetScriptFramework.config.txt.

Install this test version of DynDOLOD DLL NG. https://mega.nz/file/EMIzDZhS#0I1Rc1K5bJo86E1s2Gz4IJB3rIoJlQhZ6kqbXpfJIZA

If problem persists, upload new crash logger log.
In the DynDOLOD output edit ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt and set debug=true
Upload c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD.log