1 hour ago, mshawnee said:

I think you are mistaken. It does not matter to me whether or not I use "IgnoreLargeReferences=1" I just want it to work.

I see you have made some updates. After your updates and making some assumptions about settings (downgrade fargrid and upgrade tick boxes), my issue is moot now.

If you just want it to work, then the update is achieving just that.
Regardless if you install DynDOLOD DLL VR or DynDOLOD DLL NG and whatever the IgnoreLargeReferences is set to, the generated LOD patch should work in the game without error message.

You do not need to make assumptions about setting. You can hover the mouse pointer over them for hints and/or read their explanations that open by clicking the help button.
You can also leave them as is, as the defaults are the same regardless what DLL is used or what IgnoreLargeReferences is set to.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/19/2024 at 2:07 AM, Vraylle said:

Thanks for the response, took a couple of days to have enough play time to trigger it again. Haven't consciously noticed a pattern yet besides "playing a while".

I believe I've got all the files requested together here: https://ufile.io/v5sep2i8

This should be fixed in DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3 Alpha-30.

Just replace the old version and play a while to see if it happens again.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

This should be fixed in DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3 Alpha-30.

Just replace the old version and play a while to see if it happens again.

So far so good!

• Like 1

Hi sheson,

I'm running SSE 1.6.640.0, xLODGen Beta 114, DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 30, DynDOLOD Resources SE Alpha 50, and DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 173

Since updating to Alpha 173, when I am inside Whiterun and go outside the gate, I will see looking across the tundra, the mountains, grass trees and the castle out in the distance all gone, and then pop into view.

I have a back of my setup for MO2, using the previous versions of DynDOLOD DLL NG, DynDOLOD Resources and DynDOLOD Alpha 171, and I don't see this issue with the previous versions.

I've been using DyDOLOD 3 since it came out, and I've never had these rendering issues till Alpha 173. I didn't change anything in my load order/setup, I only upgraded DynDOLOD 3, DynDOLOD Resources SE and DynDOLOD DLL NG.

Just to be double sure, on my MO2 setup that I have been seeing this issue, I deleted the latest version of the xLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD Output and DynDOLOD DLL NG and DynDOLOD Resources and replaced them all with the previous versions and the issue didn't appear. I tested this for a few hours.

I uploaded and placed all the log files in a DynDOLOD directory at mediafire. This is the link to that directory; (I hope I have supplied all the needed logs)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/guhb8fpbnqobu/DynDOLOD

I also uploaded a video to Vimeo to help you see this issue. (Click the V to play the video on Vimeo - I'm assuming it only plays in a small window here.)

The amount of missing terrain varies, sometimes it looks like this video, and at other times, there is nothing being rendered when I open the gate and step outside, no mountain textures, no trees, no grass, and the castle is gone, then it all pops into view.

THANKS

P.S. By the way, thank you very much for everthing you do, it's amazing! You make Skyrim a better place and I am truly grateful for all you do. Be well, and I hope you have a great summer sheson! :)

Edited by mooit

6 hours ago, mooit said:

Hi sheson,

I'm running SSE 1.6.640.0, xLODGen Beta 114, DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 30, DynDOLOD Resources SE Alpha 50, and DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 173

Since updating to Alpha 173, when I am inside Whiterun and go outside the gate, I will see looking across the tundra, the mountains, grass trees and the castle out in the distance all gone, and then pop into view.

I have a back of my setup for MO2, using the previous versions of DynDOLOD DLL NG, DynDOLOD Resources and DynDOLOD Alpha 171, and I don't see this issue with the previous versions.

I've been using DyDOLOD 3 since it came out, and I've never had these rendering issues till Alpha 173. I didn't change anything in my load order/setup, I only upgraded DynDOLOD 3, DynDOLOD Resources SE and DynDOLOD DLL NG.

Just to be double sure, on my MO2 setup that I have been seeing this issue, I deleted the latest version of the xLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD Output and DynDOLOD DLL NG and DynDOLOD Resources and replaced them all with the previous versions and the issue didn't appear. I tested this for a few hours.

I uploaded and placed all the log files in a DynDOLOD directory at mediafire. This is the link to that directory; (I hope I have supplied all the needed logs)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/guhb8fpbnqobu/DynDOLOD

I also uploaded a video to Vimeo to help you see this issue. (Click the V to play the video on Vimeo - I'm assuming it only plays in a small window here.)

The amount of missing terrain varies, sometimes it looks like this video, and at other times, there is nothing being rendered when I open the gate and step outside, no mountain textures, no trees, no grass, and the castle is gone, then it all pops into view.

THANKS

P.S. By the way, thank you very much for everthing you do, it's amazing! You make Skyrim a better place and I am truly grateful for all you do. Be well, and I hope you have a great summer sheson! :)

Logs indicate the save might not be clean. Redo the steps. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Clean-Save
Test with default Skyrim INIs.
Test if there is a difference between DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-30 and DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-29 https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Logs indicate the save might not be clean. Redo the steps. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Clean-Save
Test with default Skyrim INIs.
Test if there is a difference between DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-30 and DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-29 https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds

Hello sheson,

1. I installed DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-29 - then I recreated the grass cache, ran xLODGen Beta 114, TexGen and DynDOLOD Alpha 173.

2. Next I loaded a game save, followed the steps and created a Clean Save. ( I also waited 24 hrs before making both saves )

3. Last, I created Default Skyrim INIs with BethINI using the Step Guide BethINI settings.

Nothing works, it is still the same...

THANKS

Edited by mooit

3 hours ago, mooit said:

Hello sheson,

1. I installed DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-29 - then I recreated the grass cache, ran xLODGen Beta 114, TexGen and DynDOLOD Alpha 173.

2. Next I loaded a game save, followed the steps and created a Clean Save. ( I also waited 24 hrs before making both saves )

3. Last, I created Default Skyrim INIs with BethINI using the Step Guide BethINI settings.

Nothing works, it is still the same...

THANKS

Do not generate new output. Simply switch the DynDOLOD DLL NG versions with whatever output(s) you aleady have to test if they make a difference.

Test with a new game.

Default INIs would be the ones the game launcher creates the first time and to make sure there are no SkyrimCustom.INI and no PluginName.INI in the data folder.

10 hours ago, sheson said:

Do not generate new output. Simply switch the DynDOLOD DLL NG versions with whatever output(s) you aleady have to test if they make a difference.

Test with a new game.

Default INIs would be the ones the game launcher creates the first time and to make sure there are no SkyrimCustom.INI and no PluginName.INI in the data folder.

Hi sheson,

1. I did not generate new output this time, I simply switched to DynDOLOD-DLL-NG+Scripts-Alpha-29.

2. I started SSE from Steam and let it generate new/default INI files and used these, and there were no Plugins in the Data Folder.

3. Next, I started an actual new game from the very beginning as a Prisoner, until I reached Whiterun, then I saved the game inside Warmaidens.

4. Then I tested this several ways, I loaded the new game save, then ran in and out the gate, and I did several Wait, and then ran back and forth.

The same issue is still happening, trees, mountain texture, the castle gone, then pops into view, but it's not always consistently the same. Sometimes it's only the trees, or some of the mountain texture missing, that pops into view, but there are times too when it does the same thing over, it just seems to vary from one moment to the next. And this doesn't happen every time I step outside the gate either, sometimes I have to go in an out 5 or 6 times before it appears.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

6 hours ago, mooit said:

Hi sheson,

1. I did not generate new output this time, I simply switched to DynDOLOD-DLL-NG+Scripts-Alpha-29.

2. I started SSE from Steam and let it generate new/default INI files and used these, and there were no Plugins in the Data Folder.

3. Next, I started an actual new game from the very beginning as a Prisoner, until I reached Whiterun, then I saved the game inside Warmaidens.

4. Then I tested this several ways, I loaded the new game save, then ran in and out the gate, and I did several Wait, and then ran back and forth.

The same issue is still happening, trees, mountain texture, the castle gone, then pops into view, but it's not always consistently the same. Sometimes it's only the trees, or some of the mountain texture missing, that pops into view, but there are times too when it does the same thing over, it just seems to vary from one moment to the next. And this doesn't happen every time I step outside the gate either, sometimes I have to go in an out 5 or 6 times before it appears.

THANKS

I assume that before you used DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-29 with the old output. I assume the test you posted only applies to the output generated with the latest alpha and you didn't test yet if there is anything different using DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-30 with the old output. Report/test that.

Upload ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from both outputs.

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

I assume that before you used DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-29 with the old output. I assume the test you posted only applies to the output generated with the latest alpha and you didn't test yet if there is anything different using DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-30 with the old output. Report/test that.

Upload ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from both outputs.

Hi sheson,

Yes old output, I have only changed the DnyDOLOD DLL NG is all...

Yes output generated with the latest alpha...

Here is Alpha 29

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a70wh37wzi5y6cf/Alpha_29_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

Here is Alpha 30

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u0a3wiqbhcvhpq0/Alpha_30_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

The issue occurs with both Alpha 29 and 30.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

12 minutes ago, mooit said:

Hi sheson,

Yes old output, I have only changed the DnyDOLOD DLL NG is all...

Yes output generated with the latest alpha...

Here is Alpha 29

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a70wh37wzi5y6cf/Alpha_29_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

Here is Alpha 30

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u0a3wiqbhcvhpq0/Alpha_30_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

The issue occurs with both Alpha 29 and 30.

THANKS

Please confirm:
Old output = generated with DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha-171
New output = generated with DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha-173

Which particular version of DynDOLOD DLL NG was installed at the time of generation is irrelevant.
Upload ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from 171 and 173 outputs.
They have different content.

Please confirm:
Old output has no issues regardless of which version of DynDOLOD DLL NG is used with it.
New output has issue regardless  of which version of DynDOLOD DLL NG is used with it.

51 minutes ago, sheson said:

Please confirm:
Old output = generated with DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha-171
New output = generated with DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha-173

Which particular version of DynDOLOD DLL NG was installed at the time of generation is irrelevant.
Upload ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from 171 and 173 outputs.
They have different content.

Please confirm:
Old output has no issues regardless of which version of DynDOLOD DLL NG is used with it.
New output has issue regardless  of which version of DynDOLOD DLL NG is used with it.

My last reply, I uploaded DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from Alpha 173, using DnyDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 29 and 30, and it has issues regardless of which DLL NG version.

I'm assuming now you only need the output DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from Alpha 171?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

3 minutes ago, mooit said:

My last reply, I uploaded DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from Alpha 173, using DnyDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 29 and 30, and it has issues regardless of which DLL NG version.

I'm assuming now you only need the output DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from Alpha 171?

THANKS

Upload ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from the 171 old output so I can compare it to the one from the 173 new output you already uploaded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Upload ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt from the 171 outputs so I can compare it to the one from the 173 output you already uploaded.

My older setup is DynDOLOD Alpha 171, DynDOLOD Resources Alpha-49, DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 27.

Originally when I posted about this issue, I was not running in and out the Whiterun gate as much as I've been doing, because I started troubleshooting some other issues, it's the reason I then started to constantly go in an out of the gate, then I started to notice this. So before I didn't think there was an issue on the older setup with DynDOLOD Alpha 171 and DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 27, but I did notice a few times, hardly noticeable, covering very small areas, that you really have to go to extreme lengths running sometimes in and out the gate non stop for upwards of 10 minutes.

1. With DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 27, I spent around 10 minutes running in and out the gate. I did notice two small pops at different times, the first time two trees, then later around 100 square feet of the mountain side. Overall it was nearly flawless.

2. Next I installed DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 29 and DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 30 and the issues returned, like the video I posted.

Here are the logs...

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 171 - DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 27

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1465neb9ap3fjsi/Dyn_171_Alpha_27_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 171 - DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 29

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6kfzzkhybh37qmz/Dyn_171_Alpha_29_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 171 - DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 30

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kx2hz0t9p2n4ml9/Dyn_171_Alpha_30_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

THANKS

Edited by mooit

6 hours ago, mooit said:

My older setup is DynDOLOD Alpha 171, DynDOLOD Resources Alpha-49, DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 27.

Originally when I posted about this issue, I was not running in and out the Whiterun gate as much as I've been doing, because I started troubleshooting some other issues, it's the reason I then started to constantly go in an out of the gate, then I started to notice this. So before I didn't think there was an issue on the older setup with DynDOLOD Alpha 171 and DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 27, but I did notice a few times, hardly noticeable, covering very small areas, that you really have to go to extreme lengths running sometimes in and out the gate non stop for upwards of 10 minutes.

1. With DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 27, I spent around 10 minutes running in and out the gate. I did notice two small pops at different times, the first time two trees, then later around 100 square feet of the mountain side. Overall it was nearly flawless.

2. Next I installed DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 29 and DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 30 and the issues returned, like the video I posted.

Here are the logs...

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 171 - DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 27

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1465neb9ap3fjsi/Dyn_171_Alpha_27_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 171 - DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 29

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6kfzzkhybh37qmz/Dyn_171_Alpha_29_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 171 - DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha 30

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kx2hz0t9p2n4ml9/Dyn_171_Alpha_30_DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt/file

THANKS

All the uploads are the same file, because the data file ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt that is created by DynDOLOD when generating the LOD patch does not change, even when running the game.

In any case I can now compare file between in the 2 outputs.

Now lets do this:
set debug=true and add debuglevel=5 in each ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt of the old and new output.
Install and use latest DynDOLOD DLL Alpha-30, with both old and new output.
Start the game, coc WhiterunDrunkenHuntsman and go through the gate for both old and new outpout.
Between switching old and new output rename/upload C:\Users\ROG\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log accordingly for the 2 tests.