Combat Mods  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you were going to add a combat/AI mod to your game, which would it be and why?

• Blade and Blunt - A Combat Overhaul
    • Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim
    • Vigor - Combat and Injuries
    • Realistic Combat AI (most lightweight option)

I have used Blade and Blunt and Wildcat, very high quality mods (Wildcat all the way back in oldrim).

I prefer Wildcat for some reason of those two. But mostly i dont use any combat mod tbh.

I dont like injury systems so i have never tested Vigor.

Realistic Combat AI looks interesting. (will test it)

I am used to older Blade & Blunt before more stamina management (which I actually like) and before it incorporated gameplay (not hardcore) injuries. Vigor has the most hardcore of the injuries and Wildcat you can choose what you want and what not via the MCM. I used Wildcat a long time ago... Never tried Vigor and yes Realistic Combat AI does look like a perfect fit for STEP actually. It is so lightweight, take a look at its values in xEdit. Looking in their won't mean a whole lot but you can see the consistency of the mod and what creatures, enemies, etc. it touches.

There is another competitor to Realistic AI Overhaul. I know the author and even though it says Action combat the values changed in the mod do not make it so because he prefers to use certain mod combos. I would try (I might too) Modern Combat AI (see his credits) vs Realistic Combat AI and again look at the values in xEdit. It is hard to decipher CSTY records if we don't know what they are actually doing in game.