Wrye Bash - Leveled Lists Question?

mooit

Hi,

I noticed when Wrye Bash is done and the Overview window pops up, I saw the 'Leveled List' was empty. Does anyone know if this is normal or it should display something?

Leveled Lists is checked by default and I didn't touch it.

I attached a screen shot showing it.

THANKS

df6U8Hx.jpg

Edited by mooit

39 minutes ago, mooit said:

Hi,

I noticed when Wrye Bash is done and the Overview window pops up, I saw the 'Leveled List' was empty. Does anyone know if this is normal or it should display something?

Leveled Lists is checked by default and I didn't touch it.

I attached a screen shot showing it.

THANKS

df6U8Hx.jpg

WB Bashed Patcher will show all mods that have LLs. You are showing the output, I think. Rebuild the patch and look at mods under LL. Checking LL will include those mod's LLs.

Posted (edited)

The screen shot I posted is the completion Overview of what Wrye did when it finished. I find it odd it doesn't mention anything under 'Leveled Lists'.

Here's a screen shot showing the options you can adjust before building the patch. I left everything as Default, and as you can see the Leveled Lists is checked, and it shows them.

dfiNCmP.jpg

I know nothing about this at the moment, so unless it's not empty and I've been reading it wrong, and Delevelers/Relevelers is of the Leveled Lists.

This is what it shows;

= Leveled Lists

=== Delevelers/Relevelers
* Update.esm [AD]
* Dawnguard.esm [ADR]
* HearthFires.esm [ADR]
* Dragonborn.esm [ADR]
* ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm [ADR]
* ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl [ADR]
* ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl [ADR]
* ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm [ADR]
* Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [ADR]
* Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp [ADR]
* Unofficial Skyrim Modders Patch.esp [ADR]
* Skyrim Project Optimization - Full ESL Version.esm [ADR]
* Unofficial Skyrim SE Fixes.esp [AD]
* BetterDynamicAsh-DisableRefs.esm [AD]
* Lux Orbis.esp [AD]
* Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods.esp [AD]
* Forest Fragments.esp [AD]
* Vanilla Landscape Corrections.esp [AD]
* Cutting Room Floor.esp [ADR]
* AI Overhaul.esp [ADR]
* Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp [ADR]
* Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp [ADR]
* BetterQuestObjectives.esp [ADR]
* RealisticNordShips2.0.esp [ADR]
* aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp [ADR]
* Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul.esp [AR]
* Gourmet.esp [ADR]
* WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp [ADR]
* Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library.esp [AD]
* Helarchen Creek.esp [AD]
* SLSR - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp [AD]
* Landscape Fixes For Grass mods - Cutting Room Floor Locations.esp [AD]
* Qw_ACE_CRF Patch.esp [AD]
* [xPatch] Modpocalypse NPCs (v3) SSE - WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp [AD]
* [xPatch] Modpocalypse NPCs (v3) SSE - WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension - Cutting Room Floor.esp [AD]
* Open Face Guard Helmets.esp [AD]
* RealRabbitsHD.esp [AD]
* RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp [AD]
* Veydogolt Trees.esp [AD]
* AOS_EBT Patch.esp [AD]
* BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp [AD]
* More Quivers.esp [ADR]
* Rudy Nordic Pottery SSE.esp [ADR]
* TCIY BCS Patch.esp [ADR]
* TCIY_CRF_Patch.esp [ADR]
* TissHeadTrack.esp [ADR]
* Apothecary.esp [ADR]
* Apothecary - Fishing Patch.esp [AD]
* Trade & Barter.esp [AD]
* Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remastered.esp [ADR]
* USMP Complete Crafting patch.esp [ADR]
* CC-Fishing_CCOR_Patch.esp [AD]
* GemlingQueen_CCOR_Patch.esp [AD]
* Vokrii - Minimalistic Perks of Skyrim.esp [ADR]
* Vokrii - Trade & Barter Patch.esp [AD]
* CCOR_Vokrii.esp [AD]
* nwsFollowerFramework.esp [AD]

Edited by mooit

44 minutes ago, mooit said:

The screen shot I posted is the completion Overview of what Wrye did when it finished. I find it odd it doesn't mention anything under 'Leveled Lists'.

Here's a screen shot showing the options you can adjust before building the patch. I left everything as Default, and as you can see the Leveled Lists is checked, and it shows them.

dfiNCmP.jpg

I know nothing about this at the moment, so unless it's not empty and I've been reading it wrong, and Delevelers/Relevelers is of the Leveled Lists.

This is what it shows;

= Leveled Lists

* Update.esm [AD]
* Dawnguard.esm [ADR]
* HearthFires.esm [ADR]
* Dragonborn.esm [ADR]
* ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm [ADR]
* ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl [ADR]
* ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl [ADR]
* ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm [ADR]
* Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [ADR]
* Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp [ADR]
* Unofficial Skyrim Modders Patch.esp [ADR]
* Skyrim Project Optimization - Full ESL Version.esm [ADR]
* Unofficial Skyrim SE Fixes.esp [AD]
* BetterDynamicAsh-DisableRefs.esm [AD]
* Lux Orbis.esp [AD]
* Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods.esp [AD]
* Forest Fragments.esp [AD]
* Vanilla Landscape Corrections.esp [AD]
* Cutting Room Floor.esp [ADR]
* AI Overhaul.esp [ADR]
* Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp [ADR]
* Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp [ADR]
* BetterQuestObjectives.esp [ADR]
* RealisticNordShips2.0.esp [ADR]
* aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp [ADR]
* Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul.esp [AR]
* Gourmet.esp [ADR]
* WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp [ADR]
* Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library.esp [AD]
* Helarchen Creek.esp [AD]
* SLSR - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp [AD]
* Landscape Fixes For Grass mods - Cutting Room Floor Locations.esp [AD]
* Qw_ACE_CRF Patch.esp [AD]
* [xPatch] Modpocalypse NPCs (v3) SSE - WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp [AD]
* [xPatch] Modpocalypse NPCs (v3) SSE - WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension - Cutting Room Floor.esp [AD]
* Open Face Guard Helmets.esp [AD]
* RealRabbitsHD.esp [AD]
* RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp [AD]
* Veydogolt Trees.esp [AD]
* AOS_EBT Patch.esp [AD]
* BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp [AD]
* More Quivers.esp [ADR]
* Rudy Nordic Pottery SSE.esp [ADR]
* TCIY BCS Patch.esp [ADR]
* TCIY_CRF_Patch.esp [ADR]
* TissHeadTrack.esp [ADR]
* Apothecary.esp [ADR]
* Apothecary - Fishing Patch.esp [AD]
* Trade & Barter.esp [AD]
* Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remastered.esp [ADR]
* USMP Complete Crafting patch.esp [ADR]
* CC-Fishing_CCOR_Patch.esp [AD]
* GemlingQueen_CCOR_Patch.esp [AD]
* Vokrii - Minimalistic Perks of Skyrim.esp [ADR]
* Vokrii - Trade & Barter Patch.esp [AD]
* CCOR_Vokrii.esp [AD]
* nwsFollowerFramework.esp [AD]

Just look at the bashed patch in xEdit to see if it merged LLs.

The following seem to be headings, so the list of mods would seem to be Delevelers/Relevelers (a group under LLs).

= Leveled Lists

Posted (edited)

I've only done a few things in SSEEdit, this is the only thing I understand the Leveled Items. Is this related it the Leveled Lists?

To be honest, I wouldn't know what/how/where to check any of this...

THANKS

dfsWkmX.jpg

Edited by mooit

7 hours ago, mooit said:

I've only done a few things in SSEEdit, this is the only thing I understand the Leveled Items. Is this related it the Leveled Lists?

To be honest, I wouldn't know what/how/where to check any of this...

THANKS

dfsWkmX.jpg

Yes. The records on the right are LL items. If you scroll to the right of the right pane, you will find the BP and can see if the LLs have been merged.

27 minutes ago, mooit said:

Ok for WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp I see Bashed Patch at the top, so this means it worked?

dqKxL6g.jpg

THANKS

Yes. It merged LLs from AMB-CA and WACCF-CE.

I would argue that the patch isn't correct. The Content Addon is removing the ArmorIronHelmet and replacing it with its own SublistArmorIronHelmet_AMB. WACCF is adding an ArmorIronHelmetAlt_WAF. The result should probably therefore not have added the ArmorIronHelmet back into the Bashed Patch. Since the leveled list is set to "Calculate for each item in the count," you are likely to see more Iron Helmets than Steel Helmets due to this change.

26 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I would argue that the patch isn't correct. The Content Addon is removing the ArmorIronHelmet and replacing it with its own SublistArmorIronHelmet_AMB. WACCF is adding an ArmorIronHelmetAlt_WAF. The result should probably therefore not have added the ArmorIronHelmet back into the Bashed Patch. Since the leveled list is set to "Calculate for each item in the count," you are likely to see more Iron Helmets than Steel Helmets due to this change.

I agree, but the question was whether or not the BP is 'working'. It's just merging them without really using any sort calculation or bias.

This is how I've merged these particular LLs:

image.png

I.e., ignore the vanilla iron helmets. Arguably, we could add one of them for variation rather than 3-4, but I think the goal of AMB is to improve upon the vanilla iron helmet add variation to the iron helmets, and the goal of WAF is to substitute a variant into the mix, so I just excluded vanilla and went with the AMB variants, which use a sublist (so even more variety).

... and there's the vanilla ones, so now I know why I didn't include any of the vanilla iron helmets in that list:

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Seeing more Iron Helmets than Steel Helmets, you mean as LOOT laying around?

To be honest I have never done anything in SSEEdit, never learned it.

All I have been doing is moving around some plugins in LOOT to change the load order, then run Wrye and create the Bashed Patch, nothing else.

Basically you could say, I am only using Wrye to keep the place of the the load order of these plugins, rather then trying to get them sorted in LOOT. But then I did like the idea of the Leveled Lists, supposedly a good perk of using Wrye.

I used the Bash Tag Generator to add bash tags; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/97963

I read online someone mentioning; how changes to a leveled list are incorporated into the bashed patch depends on the bash tags

I also read this; https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Bash_Tags_and_the_Wrye_Bash_Patch

Note: A Bash Tag should only be applied when it is important that the plugin's change to whatever the Tag relates to is preserved. If a change your plugin makes is not important to the functioning of your mod, do not add a Bash Tag for it. Doing otherwise negates the purpose of the Bash Tag system.

Not knowing what I was doing, I added a lot of bash tags. I'll just put back my backups with all the plugins default from the mod authors without any added Bash Tags and do this all over. I just have to assume that the tags the mod authors add are good enough...

THANKS

Edited by mooit

4 hours ago, mooit said:

Seeing more Iron Helmets than Steel Helmets, you mean as LOOT laying around?

To be honest I have never done anything in SSEEdit, never learned it.

All I have been doing is moving around some plugins in LOOT to change the load order, then run Wrye and create the Bashed Patch, nothing else.

Basically you could say, I am only using Wrye to keep the place of the the load order of these plugins, rather then trying to get them sorted in LOOT. But then I did like the idea of the Leveled Lists, supposedly a good perk of using Wrye.

I used the Bash Tag Generator to add bash tags; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/97963

I read online someone mentioning; how changes to a leveled list are incorporated into the bashed patch depends on the bash tags

I also read this; https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Bash_Tags_and_the_Wrye_Bash_Patch

Note: A Bash Tag should only be applied when it is important that the plugin's change to whatever the Tag relates to is preserved. If a change your plugin makes is not important to the functioning of your mod, do not add a Bash Tag for it. Doing otherwise negates the purpose of the Bash Tag system.

Not knowing what I was doing, I added a lot of bash tags. I'll just put back my backups with all the plugins default from the mod authors without any added Bash Tags and do this all over. I just have to assume that the tags the mod authors add are good enough...

THANKS

WB bashed patch is good for generating merged LLs, but it will just merge everything from, say, modA and modB.

So without WB Bashed Patch for LLs, you might open a chest and see only items provided by vanilla and modB. The chances of seeing the loot (not LOOT, that's a program for sorting plugins) from modA are zero, if it's LL is overridden by modB for that chest.

With WB Bashed Patch for LLs, you might open the same chest and have a chance now to see loot from modA, but it might be an infinitesimal chance... or you might have a huge chance of seeing vanilla items or something else. This is why the LL merges of the Bashed Patch should be validated manually.

It's probably better to use a BP for LLs than not, but the proportions of loot and the probabilities of encountering it in any given container will probably not be as it should. Better than no chance... maybe.

The BP is an automated patch, so it will always patch things blindly, according to a simple algorithm. To get the intended result, you must either edit the BP or patch mods yourself. The BP is instructive and a good tool, but it is limited like any other automation.