DynDOLOD not initializing and not showing up in MCM

Thelonius

Question

I know this is similar to a post from 2019, but I'm having a very similar issue. I've used DynDOLOD successfully many times before but as of recently updating my 1.5.97 Skyrim SE to 1.6.640, I'm having an issue with DynDOLOD in-game. I followed GamerPoets video step by step multiple times but the issue still persists where I start a new game after running TexGen and DynDOLOD, activating the .esm and .esps in MO2, and when I load an exterior cell, there is no "DynDOLOD successfully initialized" message nor is there any DynDOLOD in MCM. However, the LODs from tree mods and new locations load in correctly.

I've read a couple Reddit posts about this along with the other similar post on this forum related to this issue and can confirm that I have troubleshot and verified the following:

-SKSE 64 v2.2.3 installed for game version 1.6.640

-PapyrusUtil installed

-SKYUI installed

-RaceMenu installed

-SSEEdit shows 2 quests in DynDOLOD.esp

-SHESON_DynDOLOD_Alias.pex, SHESON_DynDOLOD_Quest.pex and SHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM.pex scripts are installed

-Installed correct version of DynDOLOD DLL that corresponds to 1.6.640

-DynDOLOD_Output activated in MO2 along with DynDOLOD.esm, DynDOLOD.esp, and Occlusion.esp

-Mod list order (left side): DynDOLOD Resources SE -> DynDOLOD DLL - Scripts -> DynDOLOD DLL - DLL -> TexGen Output -> DynDOLOD Output

-Verified Generate DynDOLOD in the advanced options was checked

-Waited 20 minutes after new game and still no message appeared

I apologize for the long list, I just wanted to go ahead and throw out everything that I have checked and verified up to this point. I have tried to check the Papyrus log as well, as was mentioned in the other post. However, this has proven to be another issue entirely. I modified the [Papyrus] section of Skyrim.ini to enable logging, but after several times in-game, I still haven't had the logs folder appear in Docs->My Games->Skyrim Special Edition. I was able to check the DynDOLOD.log in Docs->My Games->Skyrim Special Edition->SKSE and it says:

"DynDOLOD Plugin 2.45.0 for Skyrim Script Extender 64 2.2.2 for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.640.0"

Would I be correct in assuming that switching from SKSE v2.2.3 to 2.2.2 would solve the issue because of this log?

Again, I apologize for the lengthy post, I just want to make it clear that I have tried multiple things to fix this issue and have had no luck at all. Is this something simple that I am overlooking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I should provide screenshots Thanks!

Thanks sheson. Installing BEES did the trick. Although it's very weird that I need it all of a sudden for DynDOLOD to work now as DynDOLOD had always worked correctly without it and I did nothing to the game version or my LO for that matter aside from removing some flora mods. Rebuilt DynDOLOD to only realize that it never initialized in game... Today some .NET Framework update for Win10 dropped. Maybe that's why.

4 hours ago, KamisantaLolz said:

Thanks sheson. Installing BEES did the trick. Although it's very weird that I need it all of a sudden for DynDOLOD to work now as DynDOLOD had always worked correctly without it and I did nothing to the game version or my LO for that matter aside from removing some flora mods. Rebuilt DynDOLOD to only realize that it never initialized in game... Today some .NET Framework update for Win10 dropped. Maybe that's why.

BEES is necessary for game runtime versions 1.5.97-1.6.640 but not for the current version (1.6.1170). It's a hard requirement to have this mod installed if you are using mods with the new plugin format. It has nothing to do with DynDOLOD. See the BEES Nexus Description for more info.

7 hours ago, KamisantaLolz said:

No logs were uploaded.

If you check the list of plugins reported in the DynDOLOD log, you will most likely see that at least one plugin in the list other than the DynDOLOD plugins is version 1.71 instead of 1.7. Version 1.71 was introduced with runtime 1.6.1130. To use plugins of version 1.71 in older runtimes, Backported Extended ESL Support is required.