Dragonsreach Windows have double mesh

scrub

Question

Im running dyndolod with open cities and nonmatter what i try I cant seem to be able to get proper help with this. im running the process as instructed doing dynamic lod seperate but no matter what for whatever reason 2 windows on dragonsreash just float in front of the building. THIS IS EXTREMELY HARD TO EXPLAIN WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO POST PICTURES BTW

modlist.txt loadorder.txt

Skyrim-Special-Edition-2023-11-12-7-10-0   I finally found out how to post a pic. please help ive tryed discord and reddit to no avail

Edited by scrub

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, scrub said:

Im running dyndolod with open cities and nonmatter what i try I cant seem to be able to get proper help with this. im running the process as instructed doing dynamic lod seperate but no matter what for whatever reason 2 windows on dragonsreash just float in front of the building. THIS IS EXTREMELY HARD TO EXPLAIN WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO POST PICTURES BTW

modlist.txt 5.33 kB · 0 downloads loadorder.txt 3.97 kB · 0 downloads

Skyrim-Special-Edition-2023-11-12-7-10-0   I finally found out how to post a pic. please help ive tryed discord and reddit to no avail

Images can be copy/pasted or dragged/dropped into the editor. Same with files. It couldn't be simpler.

Actually i needed to make a link because the file size was over 3mb, sorry if i sound frustrated ive been at this for 3 days straight and im getting tired of going to sleep doing the same thing i was doing when i got up while making barely any progress

Any idea as to what this is and why its happening?

i dont even have that many mods compared to most mod packs on wabbajack..

Edited by scrub

3 hours ago, scrub said:

modlist.txt 5.33 kB · 0 downloads loadorder.txt 3.97 kB · 0 downloads

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make useful screenshots with more informative console.

https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Open-Exterior-Cities
Creating LOD for the mods listed above does not require any special steps. Generate the LOD patch as usual according to the Generation Instructions in a single session.
In case of Open Cities Skyrim make sure to click the Low, Medium or High button in order to load mesh mask rules for the plugin.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Out-of-place-or-floating-objects
Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If the problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD plugins went wrong. Follow the clean save instructions when updating DynDOLOD .

3 hours ago, scrub said:

i was generating lod the old way. i dont know why that matters.

'Old way' and 'pre-update' are nonsensical without some reference to exactly what you mean. DynDOLOD 2.xx or previous alpha version #??

It matters for context so that others stumbling onto this topic have some inkling of what you did to resolve.

How are we (you) supposed to choose a "best answer" for posterity otherwise?