Green Waterfalls and a landscape seam?

Morphello

Question

Hey everyone. I've tried searching for answers to these questions but i'm not turning up anything.

I've got two rather minor issues with step 2.2.3:

I've got Green Waterfalls, while the rest of the water in game is blue.

Posted Image

Thats with ENB off and on. It's just the cascades that are green. During the middle of the day with a longer distance view, the colour is quite bright and noticable.

My other issue is that I have a single landscape seam near the start of the game that I haven't noticed anywhere else.

Posted Image

I haven't really had any other graphical issues than these two minor things. I've followed the guide pretty closely, and i've optimized the crap out of it, and tried to selectively reduce the normals as per the DDSopt guide.

Just wondering if anyone could shed light on either issue, or perhaps direct me to the exact files these two anomalies would come from so I can manually hunt down the issue. Or please advise if this is already known. These issues, while minor, are incredibly difficult to search for :/

Edit: Found a 3rd issue now... maybe I didn't follow the guide as well as I thought.

Posted Image

Bright blue rocks. Or Ice? What are those and what texture file is responsible!?

8 answers to this question

For the first issue of the green waterfalls, if you are using the mod WATER, then I do believe the author does not recommend optimizing his files if you've done so. If you're wanting better performance there, I recommend restoring that mod to it's original state before optimization and then using his medium textures optional file. Just install the optional file over the original files (or install it after the main mod in your installation order in WB or MO).

For the first issue of the green waterfalls if you are using the mod WATER, then I do believe the author does not recommend optimizing his files if you've done so. If you're wanting better performance there, I recommend restoring that mod to it's original state before optimization and then using his medium textures optional file. Just install the optional file over the original files (or install it after the main mod in your installation order in WB or MO).

Reverted the mod back to its unoptimized state, alas that did not help.

pOQC3u2.jpg

The only thing that overwrites WATER in my mod setup is the particle patch for ENB, and its only 3 meshes (which come from WATER originally). Disabling the particle patch to test it anyway produced the same results. Tasty green water.

Are you sure you have disabled all lighting mods?

I haven't disabled any lighting mods. The original screenshot has ENB on and off, but that's only adding saturation. The base texture or something underlying seems to actually be green.

I assumed if it was a lighting mod, it would affect all the water around, and not just the non foamy bits of the waterfall. I'll go ahead and find what lighting mods I have and disable them.

Additionally I've found a new bug:

Posted Image

Bright blue ice! At least I think its ice? Is there any way in game to check what those are linked to or do i have to use CK?

I am almost certain i've installed real ice incorrectly. Will go check that now.

Edit: Dang. That isn't it. Snow and Rocks HD doesn't seem to be it either. What the heck?

The waterfall color is due to the ENB you are using, along with CoT if you use that. Since the color of it depends on the time of day, weather (imagespace lighting) etc.

The texture seam is due to a switch from a low res texture to a higher res one it seems.

The rocks is again properly due to your ENB settings. More specifically the specular settings since they are near water.